Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6300 As An Access Point through BT Smart Hub

pedrosa
Aspirant

D6300 As An Access Point through BT Smart Hub

I have a D6300 Router which i want to connect as an access point to my BT Smart Hub6.

I have reset the D6300 and changed the foloowing settings only on the advanced LAN page

Gave static ip address and disable as dhcp server and given it a static IP address in the correct range

i can ping the device over a LAN.

I can see the new network on my mobile and laptop wirelessly but cannot connect to the internet.

Unable to get IP Address.

Do I need to do anything else

Model: D6300|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router, D6300B|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

@pedrosa wrote:

I have a D6300 Router which i want to connect as an access point to my BT Smart Hub6.

Follow the fine documentation on how to configure the D6300 as a wireless access point to the bit:

D6300 WiFi DSL Modem Router User Manual - p.99 ff. chatper "Use the Modem Router as a Wireless Access Point"

Message 2 of 3
pedrosa
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated

I can now connect to the internet.

The problem now is that sometimes it lets me connect to the 2.4 g network and others only the 5g network

i know therefore that they can both connect but if i connect to one and get connected, then disconnect and try the other then i get the cauldn't obtain ip address message.

Any ideas

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7