Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6300 WIFI issues with messengers such as whatsapp

reddyz
Aspirant

D6300 WIFI issues with messengers such as whatsapp

I bought D6300 router 3 years back and was using it as ADSL2+ modem/router. There is a delay in receiving whatsapp or viber messages on devices connected to this router. E.g. If I send a whatsapp message to the mobile connected to this router, message won't be delivered instantly. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes or 10 mins or even 30 mins. If whatsapp is opened then message will be received instantly. This doesn't happen when mobile is connected to a different router or when its on mobile data network. It happens with all mobiles connected to this router. I tried many things and moved on. Now I have NBN (fibre optic) connection with a different router. Out of curiosity I connected my D6300 to see if this issue happens on NBN connection. Well it is still happening. No issues with ISP provided router. Tried various settings, updating firmware, etc. This is not a big issue but not receiving messages instantly is annoying as whatsapp is my primary messaging app.

Does anyone have similar issues?
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D6300 WIFI issues with messengers such as whatsapp

Hello reddyz

This is a odd issue but I found a guide that may help.

https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/20887936

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
reddyz
Aspirant

Re: D6300 WIFI issues with messengers such as whatsapp

Thanks Darren. Well like I said all mobiles works with no issues when connected to a different router. It can't be what is mentioned in the link. I still made some effort to do what is mentioned in that link as a final try before concluding that the router itself is faulty. That didn't change anything. I now switched back to ISP supplied router and no issues. Just not happy that I spent $230 on this router and been put up with all these issues. Never a Netgear again. I know it could be just mine that's faulty but after this experience I stay clear from Netgear. Cheers.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7