Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6300 Wireless Isolation issue not fixed with latest V1.0.0.102 update

PeterJM
Aspirant

D6300 Wireless Isolation issue not fixed with latest V1.0.0.102 update

I am another poor sucker who has come across this outstanding bug and has no option but to start another Discussion thread (no support after 90 days from Netgear). I was at update 96 so updated to the latest 102 (security) update - not expecting much. Lucky as the problem is of course not fixed. I would like to try the 24 Beta version (the only one that is reprted as fixing this bug) but it is now so old it is most likely a security issue. Is anyone still on this Beta version? I notice all the previous complaint threads about this bug have been closed unresolved, but hopefully some Netgear person will respond so I don't have to go through my only alternative (hardware return) as apart from this bug the D6300 has been my best Netgear modem/router yet.

And in case it is not clear what the problem is (and a search on the first 3 words of the subject don't help) - All devices that connect via Wifi are unable to see/connect to any device attached via a wired connection to this Modem (even though Wireless isolation is disabled). I my case my Wifi connected Telstra TV cannot see my LAN connected NAS (but it can if I connect it via it's LAN port).

Model: D6300|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
PeterJM
Aspirant

Re: D6300 Wireless Isolation issue not fixed with latest V1.0.0.102 update

Tried setting up a guest network (with "allow guests to access my local network" enabled) and exactly the same problem - no access to local network, only internet.

As has been reported by others, this only happens if the 'local' device you are trying to access is on another switch. If there are no extra network switches involved (all devices connect directly to the D6300) then wifi devices can access localy connected devices.

Model: D6300B|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7