Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6300 not connecting to dsl

tazd
Aspirant

D6300 not connecting to dsl

Not sure if this is the best place, cant find a D6300 forum.

Firmware 1.0.0.88_1.0.88
It doesn't auto connect to the Internet (DSL) when I turn it on anymore. Used to. Connection method is set to Always On in the settings. I have to log in and hit the connect button manually.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 14
Lawrence2015
Novice

I have the exact same issue with my D6300. When restarting the router it will not automatically connect/ sync with my ISP and therefore no internet connection. The major issue here is if there is a power cut the router will not reconnect automatically and if not able to log in remotely and force the connection it will stay down. This is a new issue as it was working okay before the latest firmware update V1.0.0.88_1.0.88.
Message 2 of 14
guym50
Aspirant

I have the same issue: ever since the last firmware upgrade, ADSL will not auto reconnect.

I tried to raise a support case, however Netgear came back saying that I was out of the free 3 months online support. Not impressed, seeing that their last firmware upgrade stuffed things up.

I will give it another go via the online support; I may even call: if they do not help, this is the last Netgear product I buy.

If someone out there can help,or hopefully (it's a long shot, I'm not holding my breath) Netgear will get back to us, that would be great 🙂

Cheers

Guy
Message 3 of 14
Tritium
Aspirant

tazd wrote:
Not sure if this is the best place, cant find a D6300 forum.

Firmware 1.0.0.88_1.0.88
It doesn't auto connect to the Internet (DSL) when I turn it on anymore. Used to. Connection method is set to Always On in the settings. I have to log in and hit the connect button manually.

Any ideas?

SAME HERE - straight after the firmware update and the subsequent firmware
Firmware Version 1.0.0.90 update update did not fix problem either.
Telstra Australia ADSL2
Really annoying as we get regular power flicks and the wife is not tech savvy enough to reconnect.
Message 4 of 14
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Have you reset the router after the update?
Message 5 of 14
terryharck
Aspirant

I have same problem since I updated firmware to V1.0.0.90_1.0.90

Message 6 of 14

Have you flashed back to the previous firmware?

Doing that made by D6400 behave properly.

It would connect with the new firmware, but kept dropping the line and would not renegotiate a connection with rebooting.

Message 7 of 14
Bavo
Aspirant

Is there any answer for this yet?

My D6300 wont auto connect to DSL on reboot or power on. I dont want to roll back the firmware updates, as they make improvements to the device and should not negatively effect the operation of the device.

Can we get some official answer from Netgear Support on this?

Message 8 of 14
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Bavo

Yes as you said Firmware updates should make improvements but they can also cause other issues so if you could try to rollback and test to see if this is a issue still or if its a issue with the current firmware I can pass this along to the engineers for them to look into fixing.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 14
Bavo
Aspirant

I have downgraded the firmware to V1.0.0.30_1.0.30

And i can confirm that the automatic reconnect to internet function is working

Message 10 of 14

The same thing happened with the D6400. Firmware update meant it kept disconnecting and would not reconnect. Reverting to initial firmware fixed it.

You might like to file a support request as that will ensure that Netgear knows about the problem. It may even have ways of helping you out.

Message 11 of 14
Bavo
Aspirant

And now that the firware is downgraded, the Wifi is extremely unstable and device needs to be rebooted 3-4 times a day.

this is just frusterating.

Message 12 of 14
Bavo
Aspirant

Is there any update on when a new firmware will be released to fix this issue?

Message 13 of 14
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Bavo

No update on FW yet Ill post something if I hear about anything.

DarrenM

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7