Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6400 Botnet Vulnerability on Port 7547

zipcard
Aspirant

D6400 Botnet Vulnerability on Port 7547

So with the recent news that lots of routers are being compromised by botnets and my ISP supplied router being a possible candidate on the list, to be better safe than sorry I decided to replace it despite the ISP supplied router passing the Bullguard IoT scanner.

I decided to settle on the Netgear D6400 as it was compatible and I assumed it would be up to date security wise.

After updating the firmware to the latest version V1.0.0.54_1.0.54 and setting up my internet connection I ran the Bullguard scanner again only to my dismay for it to say that port 7547 was open the very same port being used to compromise routers.

I've checked the router config and remote management is disabled & doesnt even use port 7547 but somehow it appears to be active.

Could someone from Netgear explain this ?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
zipcard
Aspirant

Strange the Bullguard scanner now says the port is no longer open to the internet, did someone from Netgear flip a switch or something remotely ?

Message 2 of 6
zipcard
Aspirant

Capture1.JPG

So I tried the scanner again just to be sure and it came up saying port 7547 is open again, is this a false positive from the Bullguard IoT scanner ?

Capture2.JPG

I also went and installed ESET running on Win10 and used it's router scanner to check just to be sure, the only thing it found was the possible vulnerability above but when I checked it's details it appeared to apply to older Netgear models so I'm guessing thats just a generic warning right ?

Could anyone from Netgear help put my mind at ease.

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello zipcard

can you check that port on http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and see if it is open?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6

My D6400 is invisible.

Message 5 of 6
M-B
Apprentice
Apprentice

My D6400 is not visible.

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 6 of 6