Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6400 Connection problem

Jihye
Aspirant

D6400 Connection problem

Hi there,

I bought Netgear N6400 in January 2018. Around 2 months ago, it suddenly stopped working. So I tried to get a help from TPG, service provider, they advised me that I should contact to Router company. Then I have contacted technical support team of Netgear and a representative told me she found a problem and she could solve the problem shortly. Then she advised me to buy 1 year software technical support warantee paying $150 a year. The problem she found is the connection between NBN and Router. Then I wonder it has been working well last 1 and half years and why suddenly connection problem was occurred even though I haven’t change the location of router and house. It seems that they have disconnected something that me to pay more $150 for technical support. Even though she told me that she could fix the problem so quickly if I pay $90 for 6 months warranty or $50 for one time technical support. 

I didn’t expect to pay more $150 for the technical support within 1 and half year when I was buying this router. To be honest, the router(netcommwirless) I had is still working well for the last 

5 years. And my hardware warranty will be expired in 2020. 

Is there any solution for me not paying $150, $90 or $50?

Kind regards,

Jihye

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
joanl
Aspirant

Re: D6400 Connection problem

There is note of a firmware upgrade available but after the upgrade has uploaded it doesn't actually show that the firmware has been upgraded.  How should I proceed to upgrade my firmware?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
joanl
Aspirant

There is note of a firmware upgrade available but after the upgrade has uploaded it doesn't actually show that the firmware has been upgraded.  How should I proceed to upgrade my firmware?

Message 2 of 5

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find support for your hardware.

Please do not hijack a conversation started by someone else with a very different issue.

Message 3 of 5

@Jihye wrote:

Then I have contacted technical support team of Netgear and a representative told me she found a problem and she could solve the problem shortly. Then she advised me to buy 1 year software technical support warantee paying $150 a year.

Who did you call? If it was one of those sites found with a web search, then there is a high probability that it has nothing to do with Netgear.

Many of those listing are from third-party sites that pay to appear in the search engines. They then create sites that "borrow" the Netgear logo.

Those sites will also appear if you search for other makes of hardware. Using them can be dangerous.

Netgear itself does not provide paid for support. It farms that out to GearHead Technical Support.

GearHead Support

GearHead does not offer a support plan for $150. Maybe you meant $139.99.

@Jihye wrote:

Is there any solution for me not paying $150, $90 or $50?

Yes. Tell us what the problem is and you can get free advice here.

Sadly, your first message tells us nothing about your technical issues.

Message 4 of 5
Jihye
Aspirant

Hi Joanl,

I have upgraded firmware and it showed me upgraded version. Thank you very much your reply.

What about your one? It’s been upgraded?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7