Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6400 Firmware Version 1.0.0.38

Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

D6400 Firmware Version 1.0.0.38

A new firmware is available for the D6400 with several new features and and many bug-fixes;

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30006

Message 1 of 11
Daniele_72
Initiate

Today I received the version upgrade notification
new version is V1.0.0.44_1.0.44

Message 2 of 11

Message 3 of 11
Daniele_72
Initiate

D6400.PNG

evidence attached.....

tks Daniele

Message 4 of 11

That just shows a placeholder for an invisible image. Evidence of not much.

If this update was flagged up by the modem itself, that can arrive before the firmware hits the downloads page.

Message 5 of 11
M-B
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can confirm my D6400 just updated the firmware to V1.0.0.44_1.0.44.

Message 6 of 11

I went and allowed my D6400 to update to the new firmware from the modem's web interface.

Bad idea.

It killed the wifi. It would not allow me to turn it back on in the web interface.

It refused to use the "region" drop down that seems to be needed before you can enable to different channels.

This may explain why I could not turn on the wifi using the switch on the modem.

I had to revert to the previous firmware. That worked just fine. It did not detect the region automatically but it did allow me to set it. I could then turn on the different bands.

I am in the UK, which means using the Europe settings.

I will post a fresh message alerting people to this issue.

Message 7 of 11
M-B
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am also in the UK but have no issues with Wi-Fi after updating to the latest firmware.

Out of interest I did perform the update from a machine connected via a wired erthernet connection.

After updating the firmware and experiencing problems did you try to reset the router to default to see if that cured the issues after the update?

Message 8 of 11

Good to know that they aren't picking on the UK.

@M-B wrote:

Out of interest I did perform the update from a machine connected via a wired erthernet connection.

I started a wireless update, but then plugged in the LAN. That is how I found that I could not switch on the wifi.

After updating the firmware and experiencing problems did you try to reset the router to default to see if that cured the issues after the update?

No. The rest was working just fine. LAN and Internet roared ahead.

As a beta tester of this modem, I have been through quite a few firmware updates, several more than the available library, but there was never a need a factory reset to get new firmware to take.

There were times when the firmware broke things, but in those circumstances, factory reset failed to fix them. That is certainly something that I would try, but, as I said, that can wait until the firmware is available for direct download.

Message 9 of 11
M-B
Apprentice
Apprentice

I see the firmware is now available for download via http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D6400/D6400-V1.0.0.44_1.0.44.zip

New Features & Enhancements

• Displays alert message while IPTV/LAN4 bridge mode is enabled.  
  • Updated wireless driver and power table for NA sku.
  • Moved “board_data” and “VPN” to /storage1 folder.
  • Moved SP (PPP session ID) and POT to /storage2 partition.
  • For NA sku, 5GHz CH 157 is set by default.  

Bug Fixes

• [Traffic meter] when reached the limit of traffic meter, the DUT displays a warning page in which it shows D6400 model as “N1600”. It is correctd as “AC1600”.
Message 10 of 11

Thanks. That's what I need to be able to do some proper installing. I don't like leaving it in the hands of my sometimes flaky broadband.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7