Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6400 - anyone else having 1.0.0.58 problems?

David2100
Aspirant

D6400 - anyone else having 1.0.0.58 problems?

I bought a new router, the D6400, yesterday to replace a faulty BT Homehub.

My setup is a mixture of wired, power line and two repurposed (netgear) wireless routers to cover a larger area with wifi, for a mix of Amazon firesticks, iPads, laptops etc.  A mixture of Linux boxes (a pi, and an openmediavault box) and windows pcs are connected through a wired switch to the router.

Went through the usual turn all off and back on again routine, and updated firmware too from 1.0.0.58 from 1.0.0.56 installed. This seemed to have everything running ok.

However today very odd behaviour of network:

* Wired devices not showing on router as connected, despite being pingable - list of wired devices empty

* Wired fixed IP address allocations being ignored and original IP being used (but of course unseen, guess the IP address game!)

* Nothing able to reach network from outlying netgear routers on wifi (didn't seem to be reaching DHCP server)

* Echo Dot supposedly connected via wifi direct to D6400 telling me it can't reach internet 

* wifi direct to D6400 solid on iPad, but unable to connect on laptop (both 2.4Ghz)

reversion to 1.0.0.56 seems to have solved problems- suddenly firesticks work, list of wired devices is populated etc.

clearly will test properly tomorrow but has anyone else had these issues, or am I doing something obviously wrong that has caused it?

David

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4
David2100
Aspirant

And this morning the wired devices list is empty, so that issue seems to still exist on 1.0.0.56 as well.

Is this a 'feature' others have experienced and how do I correct? This isn't acceptable to me.

Thanks
Message 2 of 4
M-B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not seen that problem on mine. I suggest you upgrade to the latest firmware but then reset the router to factory defaults and set it up again.

Message 3 of 4
David2100
Aspirant

Thanks, I will give the upgrade and reset a go.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7