Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6400 problem with slow down load speeds on Century Link.

10750Ogle
Follower

D6400 problem with slow down load speeds on Century Link.

D6400 problem with slow down load speeds on Century Link. Also have separate computer and Netgear N600 set up to connect directly to CL interface box (no house connected) to test down load speed on CL lines alone. Whether using the D6400 on the house set up or the D600 on the CL lines alone, I get the same down load speed. CL says that I have a problem with my Netgear DSL modems and it's a Netgear problem?? Personal opinion is that CL has a problem, but need something beside my opinion to back me up. Down load speed when weather is good: approximate 6.5MB/s, When weather rainy: approximate 3.5MB/s. Have loaded latest firmware in both DSL Modems

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: D6400 problem with slow down load speeds on Century Link.

I'm afraid I have hard time trying to understand your message and to see what you are trying to sort out.

I can, though, comment on this bit:

@10750Ogle wrote:

Down load speed when weather is good: approximate 6.5MB/s, When weather rainy: approximate 3.5MB/s.

This is a well known symptom for a poor quality telephone line. It suggests that rain is getting in to a junction box and messing up the connection.

It is for your ISP to fix that. There is nothing that anyone can do with firmware to compensate for a bad telephone connection.

@10750Ogle wrote:

CL says that I have a problem with my Netgear DSL modems and it's a Netgear problem??

That will be the default response for a problem. Blame someone else despite the evidence.

By the way N600 is not a model number. It is a wifi standard. Many companies make N600 devices. Netgear alone has dozens of modems, routers and wifi widgets that are N600.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: D6400 problem with slow down load speeds on Century Link.

I'm afraid I have hard time trying to understand your message and to see what you are trying to sort out.

I can, though, comment on this bit:

@10750Ogle wrote:

Down load speed when weather is good: approximate 6.5MB/s, When weather rainy: approximate 3.5MB/s.

This is a well known symptom for a poor quality telephone line. It suggests that rain is getting in to a junction box and messing up the connection.

It is for your ISP to fix that. There is nothing that anyone can do with firmware to compensate for a bad telephone connection.

@10750Ogle wrote:

CL says that I have a problem with my Netgear DSL modems and it's a Netgear problem??

That will be the default response for a problem. Blame someone else despite the evidence.

By the way N600 is not a model number. It is a wifi standard. Many companies make N600 devices. Netgear alone has dozens of modems, routers and wifi widgets that are N600.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7