Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6400 vdsl/adsl modem

Neil86
Aspirant

D6400 vdsl/adsl modem

Hi Guys
Hope you guys are all doing well.

I am live in South Africa and am running a 7 mb line on adsl 1. This is fastest i can get in my area unfortunately. I am planning on buying the d6400 on amazon UK. I have two question.
1- does this modem support adsl 1 as i dont see anywhere that it does. Will it work on my line?
2 - seeing as i am buying the modem from the uk will it work in south africa? It is not region locked is it?

Thanks
Message 1 of 3

Re: D6400 vdsl/adsl modem

@Neil86 wrote:

1- does this modem support adsl 1 as i dont see anywhere that it does. Will it work on my line?

Yes. I had mine running on ADSL until VDSL arrived and its switched over seamlessly.

@Neil86 wrote:
2 - seeing as i am buying the modem from the uk will it work in south africa? It is not region locked is it?

It is not region locked, mine offers many regions for wifi and a bunch of countries for the Internet settings. But it does not specifically mention South Africa (Africa for wifi).

On the Internet settings, this is probably just the absence of an automated script to do the job for you. But you may have to investigate your ISP's setup regime to see if it uses standard procedures or some freaky local tweaks.

Message 2 of 3
Neil86
Aspirant

Re: D6400 vdsl/adsl modem

Hi guys decided to go with the d7000 just want confirm something with you the model number states d7000-100uks does this mean it will only work in the uk or will it work in South Africa as well
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7