Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 2.4ghz not working but 5ghz is fine

Hammerman3
Initiate

D7000 2.4ghz not working but 5ghz is fine

My Nighthawk D7000 has worked extremely well since installed about a year ago but over the last week the 2g wifi is not connecting, 5g is fine. I have reset modem, worked through the "Troubleshooting wireless networks" but still no joy. I found a similar issue in the fourm https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-2-4ghz-not-working-but-5ghz-is-fine/td... where the issue was finally resolved with a firmware update but tool 375 comments and 8 months for an "Accepted Solution".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 8

You might like to join this continuing discussion:

Re: Nighthawk D7000 2.4Ghz WiFi issues - Page 5 - NETGEAR Communities

One of several at the moment.

Message 2 of 8
Hammerman3
Initiate

Thanks

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 8
BazaBoy
Tutor

Hi Everybody, I happened to drop here due to me having the same problem with the 2.4ghz wifi not working but the 5ghz is fine, what I have done  by chance !! I used NetgearGenie to check what channel my 2.4ghz was on and it was on "AUTO" now when I went to the modify in (NetgearGenie) it showed all chineese characters and would not let me change it??

So Iogged out of Genie and went in via the IP address and logged in that way, again loged in and looked at the 2.4ghz Chanel and it was showing set to "Auto", and the other numbers where normal numbers "Not Chinese Characters" so I set the 2.4ghz to "Chanel 2" and it is all working fine again "No Firware update used" the 2.4ghz seems fine.  Hope this may help, it may be a fluke but im happy at the moment.Smiley Happy

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 8

"No Firware update used" the 2.4ghz seems fine. 

Any reason for not updating the firmware?

Not only does that fix the issue for most people, it also delivers the security updates that come with new firmware.

Did you find this in your troubleshooting?

Nighthawk D7000 2.4Ghz WiFi issues - NETGEAR Communities

Message 5 of 8
BazaBoy
Tutor

Hi I forgot to mention I am running V1.0.1.64 which I understand to be the latest version, at least that is what Netgear Genie is telling me, I did hear there was another "Firware-Fix" about for the 2.4ghz issue but people was having issues with it? or am I incorrect.

Cheers

Message 6 of 8

I'm confused. You said

"No Fir[m]ware update used"

Now you tell us that you have the latest firmware. Which means that the hoops you went through don't mean much.

Then  again, I would worry about those Chinese characters.

Message 7 of 8
BazaBoy
Tutor

Sorry about that, bear with me I’m new to all this.

It seems that I am back to square one anyway, as the 2.4ghz is not working again!  any ideas as you seem very knowledgeable about this subject.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7