Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 Connected but no internet

Craigcul
Tutor

D7000 Connected but no internet

Hi I have had this modem for just over 2 years. It was just having no internet in the mornings but now randoly through out the day internet is connected but no data can get through. I tryed the message netgear but I get told Email and messaging is expired I need to phone a telephone number in USA to get help I am in South Africa so this would be very expencive to phone USA.maybe the third year warrenty is only for USA resadents? can anyone assist me? I have tried the normal disabling the qos,ddos The basic netgear web shows internet not connected but the advanced shows connected with good figures from attenuation and such like for the adsl I tried another modem and it is working perfectly so it is not my adsl connection causing the problem.

thanks From Craig

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Craigcul
Tutor

Hi I have managed to get the D7000 working by going back to the first firmware version 14 installing that then resetting the modem with the pin at the back then installing the next version doing each one and reseting until ver 64 the modem is now stable.ad does not loose internet.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9

All Replies

Have you asked your Internet service provider if there are problems with your line?

Have you rebooted the modem/router?

What firmware version do you have on the device? A number is more useful than "the latest". It may not be by the time people read this, and there can be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up in the browser interface.

Apologies for piling on the questions.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
    Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
    Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

Message 2 of 9
Craigcul
Tutor

@michaelkenward wrote:

Have you asked your Internet service provider if there are problems with your line?

Yes They say there is no problem with the ADSL line and I am using another router and it is working fine.

Have you rebooted the modem/router?

Yes many time even Reset a few times

What firmware version do you have on the device? A number is more useful than "the latest". It may not be by the time people read this, and there can be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up in the browser interface.

D7000 Firmware Version 1.0.1.64

Apologies for piling on the questions.

That is fine

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
    Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
    Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

Message 3 of 9
brevis75
Aspirant

Message 4 of 9
Craigcul
Tutor

Hi I have managed to get the D7000 working by going back to the first firmware version 14 installing that then resetting the modem with the pin at the back then installing the next version doing each one and reseting until ver 64 the modem is now stable.ad does not loose internet.

Message 5 of 9

Well done.

It may have been the reset that fixed it, or the last firmware flash was faulty and redoing that fixed it.

Going through the sequence in that way is also a recognised technique for updating a device that won't accept the latest firmware. Some version jumps are just too big and depend on having an intermediate update in place.

Now that you have got things working, create a backup of the configuration so that you can reload it if you have more problems.

Message 6 of 9
ScottsBleat
Aspirant

I Had mine two weeks before it started to do the same thing

The Previous Modem had no issues but I needed better wifi so upgraded (I thought)

It was also locking up occasionally so I could no longer connect to it via wifi or ethernet

a Power reset was required

After a 60 mnutes wait online for support to answer they agreed to RMA it rather quickly

Seems this May be not Just one or two instances of this peice of S*^_t equipment doing this

I sent it away under an RMA and have beebn chasing it for the last three weeks
Three calls with very long waits to the Support Number

and NO Joy

They Kept giving excuses

Luckily I have a loaner Netcom modem which is performing Much Better

and No Drop outs or Hanging in the Three weeks Ihave been using it

I would just prefer a refund so I never have to deal with Netgear again

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 7 of 9
antinode
Guru

> Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router

> I Had mine two weeks before it started to do the same thing
> [...]
> Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem

Different model, different hardware, different firmware.

Message 8 of 9

@ScottsBleat wrote:

I Had mine two weeks before it started to do the same thing

In those circumstances it is usually better to ignore Netgear's support and deal with the people who sold you the device. That is the law on many countries.

I am surprised that Netgear did not suggest that as a first move.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7