Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 DDNS not updating

Kompiler
Aspirant

D7000 DDNS not updating

Hi,

I am having trouble getting my recently purchased D7000 modem/router to update my DDNS IP address.

I successfully registered a new account using the 'NETGEAR' service provider last week but according to the No-IP website it has not had any recent updated. I know for a fact that my IP address has changed a number of times including several times today alone.

On the router, if I click 'Show status' it says: "The service provider is not reachable."

If I switch the provider to No-IP.com and hit apply, the 'Show status' message says "There is no IP address on the Internet port."

Switching it back to the NETGEAR service provider and hitting Apply again shows the message "Unable to complete the job, reason:Invalid Field value format: client_id" in red.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Komp

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7000 DDNS not updating

Hello Kompiler 

You may need to contact support from No-Ip on this issues.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
TrueGent
Guide

Hi Kompiler. I'm having the same issue. I've raised a ticket with Netgear support and awaiting them coming back to me.

Its not an issue with NO-IP, as I've installed their Dynamic Update Client on a PC connected to the D7000, opened port 8080 on the router and it successfully updates the IP address on NO-IPs systems.

In my opinion, the problem is with the format of the string passed to NO-IPs by the D7000 firmware. I'm running the latest version. The router is able to log into my NO-IP account, because if I enter an incorrect password, I get an error message saying the username and password do not match. If I enter an invalid host name, I also get an error message saying it's invalid. So the only thing that isn't working is the passing of IP update information once the username and hostname have been validated.

However, my analysis above does not explain the Service Provider is not reachable message... Unless that is the catch all error for any problems with the service.

I will update you once I have spoken with 2nd line support, but I am anticipating a 'you'll need to wait for the next firmware release' response.
Message 3 of 6
TacoLoco
Aspirant

Just so you're aware, it's not your settings or a NOIP issue. I'm experiencing the same issue on two D7000's at two different locations. The router authenticates with NOIP, but won't pass a valid dynamic update message to NOIP. Definitely a firmware issue.

The error that comes back from NOIP reads: Unable to complete the job, reason:Invalid Field value format: client_id

Message 4 of 6
virtualj
Tutor

Does the support confirm a firmware issue? Same problem also for me. No-ip support tells me to contact netgear support...

Message 5 of 6
TrueGent
Guide

The latest update from support is that it is a firmware issue and a trial firmware is being worked on. However, they have given no indication as to what the actual problem is, nor when the trial firmware will be available for testing/release.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7