Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router - Admin Console

Tones81
Aspirant

D7000 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router - Admin Console

Hi Guys,

Hoping to get some of your experience/knowledge on an issue I'm having with my D7000 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router. It's almost 2 years old and has been working fine until recently. As of the last few weeks it's been occasionally denying me access to sign into Xbox Live. It comes up with a Teredo error on the Xbox. When this occurs I find I can't login to my PS4 and that certain apps on my phone (e.g. Stitcher for podcasts) stop functioning correctly. I then have to reboot the router twice and it all starts working again. It never works on the first reboot.

Two days ago, I attempted to login to my aircon unit at home remotely. I do this on hot days an hour before I get in to cool the place down. When I got home, nothing was working (Chromecast etc.) so I did another reboot and tested, still nothing. Rebooted again and still nothing. Attempted to login to the admin console and got the following message:

This page isn’t working

192.168.0.1 sent an invalid response.

ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE

Cleared cache etc and could not fix the issue. Last resort was factory reset so tried that. When it rebooted and I attempted to login to admin console again, it kind of worked but instead of the normal GUI it had just lines of text and when it asked me to select my country there is no dropdown menu. I was eventually able to get it working in Internet Explorer and restore the connection but I still can't login via Chrome (my preferred browser) or Edge. I'm on Windows 10.

Any advice on what I can do here? Do I bite the bullet and upgrade my router?
Message 1 of 7
antinode
Guru

> D7000 [...]

D7000[v1] or D7000v2? Firmware version?

> [...] It comes up with a Teredo error on the Xbox. [...]

That tells me nothing.  As usual, showing actual actions with their
actual results (error messages, LED indicators, ...) can be more helpful
than vague descriptions or interpretations.

> This page isn't working

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/td-p/1701839

Message 2 of 7
Tones81
Aspirant

I believe it's a D7000v1.

Firmware Version V1.0.1.70_1.0.1

I didn't go into further details about the Xbox issue because my main issue was with the inability to log into admin console. Thank you for providing the answer for that one.

As for the information you've requested the exact error message is "Can't get a Teredo IP address". In terms of LEDs, everything is lit up as it normally would be. Internet browsing works as normal for the most part but as I mentioned certain parts of my network stop working.

The stitcher app on my phone stops working. The pages won't load and podcasts won't play, just continuous loading screen. Chromecast stops working, again just continually trying to load whatever content I'm trying to play. Both my Xbox and PS4 which are hardwired won't sign into their respective networks and the only thing that fixes it is a double reboot.
Message 3 of 7
rabidpuppy
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  

My D7000v1 froze sometime today.   Upon reboot, can only access the UI via Edge browser.  Chrome unable to access.

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 7
tominwi
Luminary

I use Firefox and haven't noticed any login problems, but I tried MS Edge on a W10 PC and No Good (just returns to Start), and Chrome on this W7 PC yields "sent an invalid response. ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE"

Safari from a Macbook works.

Not sure what could have happened at the Router to cause this, but it seems odd too of course that certain browsers would just stop working with it.

Message 5 of 7

@tominwi wrote:

Not sure what could have happened at the Router to cause this, but it seems odd too of course that certain browsers would just stop working with it.

Maybe the browser updated itself.

Browser writers are always adjusting the security settings. It may take a few tweaks to regain control.

If there isn't any advice here, it might be worth a  more general search.

Chrome works fine here. But that is Windows 10.

It also took a tweak to get Edge to work a while back.

It would help if Netgear produced a KnowledgeBase article on this issue.

Message 6 of 7
Pipboy78
Aspirant

Yeah, I upgraded firmware and get the same issue logging in via Chrome. 

Logging in with Edge & IE works.

Maybe Chrome have updated too and b0rk3d something.

Annoying.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7