Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi keeps dropping internet connection

InesaV
Follower

D7000 Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi keeps dropping internet connection

D7000 keeps dropping internet connection
I brought the netgear nighthawk d7000 to replace my standard ATT&T modem that died.
I have dsl Internet service and set up with all genie etc for what seems successfully.

Since the beginning it keeps dropping connection, to look at the devices they are connected but when opening a page it says not connected. This happens with wireless devices like smart phone and tablet and hardwired PC running Windows 10. I would be working on my PC and suddenly my email message wont go through and I get No Internet Connection message.
Sometimes the connection is restored in a few minutes, other times it takes hours. My wireless devices is hit and miss. My phone would say its connected to WIFI, but I cant run any apps like Amazon for example on it  because its actually is not connected to the Internet. Somedays I have no issues with the phone. It feels like sometimes the signal is very week and dies, other times the signal is strong enough.

Is running latest firmware and I have completely reset the router and started again at least 3 times with no change. So I am pretty sure that firmware update has nothing to do with my problem.

Serial number is 4BC464B70096D.
I know its not my provider's service defect because I was working fine with the old modem just 4 months ago.

Please help.
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7000 Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi keeps dropping internet connection

Hello InesaV 

Have you tried to lower your MTU value it can sometimes cause drops if it is to high.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24015?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7