Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 Not connecting to Optus FTTN NBN

Simon83
Follower

D7000 Not connecting to Optus FTTN NBN

Hi,

I have an Optus FTTN NBN connection and bought a D7000 to use an an all in one modem/router solution and so far I have had no luck connecting this to the internet at all. I can set it up and get the DSL light to come on but the internet light will not.

As FTTN comes through the phone line I don't have an inside NBN box to connect to the EWAN port. The Sagemcom modem supplied by Optus works fine.

Has anyone found a solution to get this to work on it's own with this setup?

Message 1 of 29
clithes
Prodigy

For me to be able to use my D7000 on my Sky Fibre connection I needed to extract my username and password from my original Sky router.  It may be that you need to do the same with your Sagemcom, or at the very least contact Optus to obtain your username and password.  They may not provide this, however, as many ISPs try to avoid third party modem/routers on their network.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 29
Westy007
Guide

Simon83 - same issue here with a number of users on another thread for d7800 x4s. Cannot get a stable connection via the FTTN network with these new modem/routers either! It would seem netgear modems do not work with the new technology FTTN. MY d6300 would not connect either - hence the upgrade to d7800 then slight improvement - a CONNECTION - ohhhh wait then dropsout after 5 minutes. 

Message 3 of 29
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Westy007

I know the engineers are working on this issue I will pass along that you are also experiencing this issue with the D7000.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 29
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello West007

Do you have a bonded DSL connection if so Netgear modems do no support bonded VDSL connections.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 29
Brandy17
Aspirant

Is there any word on this  ?

I have just bought a D7000, as the standard optus modem was dropping out for my online gaming use intermitantly. Figured the D7000 had some great reviews and says in NBN ready. 

Was hoping would be a pretty simple plug and play, however i cant get a connection at all. The standard SAGEMCOM connects fine, however the D7000 will not come up with a connection at all......ethernet cable straight into the red internet port as it should be.....

I have fibre all the way to the NBN box on my house, Just doesnt make any sense to me.....

Help anyone

Regards

Message 6 of 29
kapy
Tutor

I have my D7000 working on Optus FTTN NBN

my internet setup is below

I did a hard reset and installed the latest Firmware 1.0.0.32

in the internet setup page -

country = australia

internet service provider = Optus

transfer mode = VDSL(ptm)

DSL mode = VDSL2

require a login = no

internet ip address = get dynamically from isp

DNS address = use these DNS servers

Primary = 211.29.132.12

secondary = 198.142.0.51

I have changed no other settings - click apply and wait till it has updated the settings

make sure you use the dsl cable supplied by Optus (just the phone cable)

restart and let it do its thing, it took between 5 - 10 and i had a fast and stable net connection....

hope this helps

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 7 of 29
srini23
Aspirant

I have the same problem with the D7000 router - it says "NBN Ready" on the pack, spent over 300 bucks on it and did not manage to connect it to my Optus NBN.

Called Optus and they advised there is nothing blocking at their end and it is the Netgear issue. And I already raised a ticket with Netgear support, who advised to swap my router, the problem persists with the swapped one.

Netgear, can you provide an answer to this?

Message 8 of 29
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello srini23

Not all NBN connections work you may want to check out this article about this.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30439/related/1?cid=wmt_netgear_referral?cid=wmt_netge...

DarrenM

Message 9 of 29
srini23
Aspirant

Hi,

Do you know if the latest firmware has fixed this issue?

D7000 Firmware Version 1.0.0.38

Thanks.

Message 10 of 29
jhyfre3ak
Aspirant

I have the same problem with optus FTTN too, it was fine during the first 2 weeks. Until then, it could not detect any ip address but i left it on for a day and it took 8 hours to be connected. Got a replacement unit, and still the same problem.

and no, .38 has no luck. Not sure what to do now.

Message 11 of 29
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello jhyfre3ak

Try to rollback to the .32 firmware and then see if it will connect.

DarrenM

Message 12 of 29
Webbovich
Aspirant

Anything further on D7000 and NBN FTTN? I see on netgear website that it says it will automatically connect. I have latest firmware installed (1.42) and still no luck.
Message 13 of 29
kapy
Tutor

After installing larest firmare .42
Disconnect all ethernet cables except for one to pc
hard reset with button on back of router
Goto 192.168.0.1
admin
password
in the advanced internet setup page -
country = australia
internet service provider = Optus
transfer mode = VDSL(ptm)
DSL mode = VDSL2
require a login = no
internet ip address = get dynamically from isp
DNS address = use these DNS servers
Primary = 211.29.132.12
secondary = 198.142.0.51
I have changed no other settings - click test at top of page, it will open another web page and try to connect to netgear site, walk away for 5 mins (took no more than 5 mins for mine to connect) you should get a connection to netgear, go back to router settings, change passwords etc dont restart the router, for some reason it wont reconnect and i have to hard reset and start over after a restart.
make sure you use the dsl cable supplied by Optus (just the phone cable) i cannot get a connection with any other cable.

If it wont work first time keep trying, it took a few trys for me to connect, but it works!

Good luck hope this helps
Message 14 of 29
kapy
Tutor

just want to add that i was having trouble connecting again, tried and tried and no luck.....i managed to get connected again tho, here is what i did...

1. followed my earlier instructions, when you hard reset, hold button in for at least 25 seconds

2. at the wait stage, i turned it off and reconnected the optus modem and waited for it to get internet connection

3. disconnect optus modem, only connected power and dsl cable to D7000, turned on and went to bed, when i got up next day it was connected.

Message 15 of 29
Lofty84
Aspirant

This is ridiculous.

I also have the D7000 but i have the .44 firmware version. It came with this router/modem when i bought it.

Heres the kicker... iv had a stable connection for about 4 months since i got the modem. I never had any other settings on besides country, service provider, transfer mode and dsl mode and it connected straight away. And im fttn with optus.

Woke up this morning and the sync light is on but no internet connection. Called optus and plugged modem they supplied in and BANG internet connection good.... so nothing wrong on their end.

I have tried all the tips and solutions the guys have posted in this thread but i am getting nothing. So.... my question is what am i going to do now? The store i bought the modem from will not replace modem without going through a whole bunch of checks. Where i assume they will come to the conclusion that the modem is fine.

By the amount of complaints i have seen in regards to this issue i would like a refund of my money if possible. I am sick and tired of troubleshooting something that should be so straight forward.

Message 16 of 29
kapy
Tutor

give netgear support a call, if the router is within warranty and it fails there checks they will replace it....

Message 17 of 29
Lofty84
Aspirant

Will do. Thanks pal.
Message 18 of 29
CamZ
Aspirant

Are Netgear offering refunds on these for purchasers in Australia?

I too have followed every tip and recommendation out there and have the exact same problem - an Amber Internet light while the basic Huawei provided by my ISP works perfectly.

The internet is full of people (have a look at the Whirlpool forums) who purchsed D7000 being told they were ready for NBN - they are clearly not.

NETGEAR: The retailer isnt going to refund this router, will you refund directly?

Message 19 of 29
Lofty84
Aspirant

I returned it to the store for a swap with no issue. Just mentioned to them i had gone through all possible fault finding with netgear support. I got a new one and it was doing the same thing. So i did fault finding on my pc network and reinstalled my network drivers and it worked.... very odd.
Message 20 of 29

@Lofty84 wrote:
So i did fault finding on my pc network and reinstalled my network drivers and it worked.... very odd.

Not that odd. This is always worth checking.

I chip in only to suggest that it is also worth looking for new drivers for a motherboard. Motherboards contain individual chips for various features, including USB, wifi, LAN, graphics and so on. Windows will not find updates for these

Most motherboards get new drivers after their initial release. I have yet to receive a new board that has the latest drivers in the  box.

You are not the first person, and won't be the last, to assume that their Netgear hardware is at fault when in reality they have a network issue.

Message 21 of 29
jhyfre3ak
Aspirant

Have you tried diasbling VLAN ID? it worked for me

Message 22 of 29
Stix
Aspirant

Can you confirm what you mean?  

From the options here https://kb.netgear.com/29326/How-to-do-VLAN-Tagging-IPTV-Setup-for-D6220-D7000 , do you mean unticking 'Use VLANDID' or 'Enable This Interface' or both?

I am trying to get a D7000 working with Optus FTTN and have had no luck in getting the DSL or Internet lights to light up on the D7000.

Also, posted on Whirlpool here - https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2616024

Message 23 of 29

First, you have joined in on an older discussion so there's a chance that the official support team will be too busy following new stuff to find your message. It is usually better to start your own fresh discussion if you want their attention.

The D7000 is a modem, so you need to do whatever it takes to turn it into a router. The manual may help:

>>> NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000 User Manual <<<

The stuff on page 31 may be useful.

Set Up the Modem Router for Cable or Fiber Service

Maybe you have done all this. You don't say.

Message 24 of 29
Stix
Aspirant

Thanks but it's NBN FTTN not FTTP.
Message 25 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements