Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 Setup Problems & Cannot Fully Reset

Tagz
Aspirant

D7000 Setup Problems & Cannot Fully Reset

I bought a second hand netgear nighthhawk ac1900 d7000 vdsl/adsl modem router. Got it home and set it up without adsl connection. Kept timing out after a few hours and closing the wifi networks down. Just plugged in the adsl connection and now only the internet and dsl lights are dimly lit..... and i have tried for 10min to perform a factory reset with the paper clip in the reset hole but it does nothing. No light in the power light. Just the 2 dimly lit lights. It happened after i plugged the dsl cable in is there any way that can break a router? Please help
Message 1 of 4
antinode
Guru

Re: D7000 Setup Problems & Cannot Fully Reset

> [...] is there any way that can break a router?

Not likely, but those LED indications (and the reset behavior)
suggest a hardware problem (power adapter, modem+router).

Message 2 of 4
Tagz
Aspirant

Ok so ive been to a tech store and power supply is giving 12v so all good. But he reckons the adsl port is faulty. Apparently these have a 3 year manufacturer warantee. He said to send it back to netgear to have it fixed. Who do i speak to about that? Also how do i check if its been made within 3 years?

Serial no. 4BB25BB6005A3
Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 4

@Tagz wrote:
Apparently these have a 3 year manufacturer warantee.

You can't be in North America, where one year is the norm.

@Tagz wrote:
He said to send it back to netgear to have it fixed. Who do i speak to about that?

How do I request a Return Material Authorization (RMA)? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

@Tagz wrote:
Also how do i check if its been made within 3 years?

Warranties work from when you bought it, not when it was made.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7