Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 Telstra Velocity

Brazen335
Tutor

D7000 Telstra Velocity

I bought a second hand d7000v2 but didn’t realise it’s adsl. My internet is Telstra Velocity. Is there a way I can get it to work or should I not waste my time and trash it.
Thanks
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Brazen335
Tutor

Re: D7000 Telstra Velocity

I looked into it more after posting and I changed the connection preference to WAN and used port 4. It still didn’t work so I rang my isp and turns out the login details were wrong in the internet setup and they gave me the correct details and now it works.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies

@Brazen335 wrote:
Is there a way I can get it to work or should I not waste my time and trash it.

Not with cable internet, but if you can get a modem-only box for the cable you can use the d7000v2 as a router or wireless access point.

Message 2 of 6
Brazen335
Tutor

I looked into it more after posting and I changed the connection preference to WAN and used port 4. It still didn’t work so I rang my isp and turns out the login details were wrong in the internet setup and they gave me the correct details and now it works.
Message 3 of 6

@Brazen335 wrote:
I looked into it more after posting and I changed the connection preference to WAN and used port 4.

That looks more like using it as a router than a modem/router.

It still didn’t work so I rang my isp and turns out the login details were wrong in the internet setup and they gave me the correct details and now it works.

Routers also need the right login settings.

So you need to configure both bits correctly.

Message 4 of 6
Brazen335
Tutor

It’s working as a modem. But thanks for your time.
Message 5 of 6

@Brazen335 wrote:
It’s working as a modem. But thanks for your time.

That's good.

I guess the problem was in the lack of detail in your first message.

For example, you said that the D7000 is an ADSL devuce. It is actually ADSl/VDSL. Or, more usually, DSL.

You didn't say what sort of Internet you have either, which might have narrowed down the choice.

Saying "Telstra Velocity" says nothing useful. Many ISPs run a mix of technologies. DSL, cable, fibre and so on.

My guess, based on reading between the lines, is that you may be in Australia and another victim of the move to NBN. Most people with that system usually says so at the outset.

This all goes to show that when trying to answer questions we should dig deeper into the details. I'll try to remember that in future.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7