Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 V1.0.1.70_1.0.1 Ethernet not working

Dranath
Aspirant

D7000 V1.0.1.70_1.0.1 Ethernet not working

Since updating firmware to V1.0.1.70_1.0.1 on the d7000 AC1900 Router, Ethernet appears to have stopped working out onto the Internet. Internal routing seems to be fine to other computers on the network but externally DNS seems to not work.

Multiple computers and game consoles - connected to the ethernet have all stopped working (although wifi is fine).

I reset with the pin in the back - put new settings in from scratch etc.  same issue. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
tominwi
Luminary

Do the Ethernet port LEDs light and blink on the front of the router?

Since you have apparently done a "Reset to Factory settings" the only other thing I can think to try is to re-apply the firmware update, which may mean downloading and installing it "manually" assuming the Admin page shows that it is already updated.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
tominwi
Luminary

Do the Ethernet port LEDs light and blink on the front of the router?

Since you have apparently done a "Reset to Factory settings" the only other thing I can think to try is to re-apply the firmware update, which may mean downloading and installing it "manually" assuming the Admin page shows that it is already updated.

Message 2 of 4
Dranath
Aspirant

So when I plug Ethernet devices in, the lights come on (one orange and the others white) they didnt flicker - but were on. On the D7000 I've not seen them flicker as I normally have the switch on the back set to switch off the LED lights but I don't think they do flicker.

I tried to roll-back and install the 1.0.1.68 version but it wouldn't allow me to.

I have however taken your advice and tried to install the .70 version again and it resolved the issue!!!

Thank you for the good advice!  That seems like such a strange thing to happen but I am glad that your advice fixed it.

Message 3 of 4
tominwi
Luminary

Glad I could help!

It seems to me that early-on in my D7000v1 ownership I tried to update firmware on it and it didn't work--although it appeared to--and in that case I did a hard reset and that allowed me to update.

Unfortunately I have in the past had to revert to older firmwares and luckily that's worked, so another good clue that your unit was messed-up was that the .68 try didn't work!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7