Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 VOIPand WiFi Phone

NicB
Follower

D7000 VOIPand WiFi Phone

Hi

I have a D7000v2 and I have had VOIP connected to my NBN (Australia).  I purchased a WiFi phone = Grandstream WP810 who told me it works on any WiFi service regardless of the modem.  Now I'm caught between the ISP saying the modem is not compatible with VOIP and the phone seller saying it doesn't need to be because it relies on WiFi and the ISP is not providing the correct SIP settings... is there anyone that might be able to shed some light here?  Many thanks in advance 🙂

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: D7000 VOIPand WiFi Phone

@NicB wrote:

Now I'm caught between the ISP saying the modem is not compatible with VOIP and the phone seller saying it doesn't need to be because it relies on WiFi and the ISP is not providing the correct SIP settings...

Have you looked at the manual for SIP settings?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Manage the SIP Application-Level Gateway.

@NicB wrote:

I have a D7000v2 and I have had VOIP connected to my NBN (Australia).

Sadly, NBN is a great source of confusion. It just means "Australian Internet".  It doesn't tell us how they deliver the Internet to you. The D7000v2 is a DSL modem/router. Are you using it as that? Or is it just working as a router, bypassing the modem? Or it is configured as a wireless access point? The latter would disable various features.

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

I have  no idea if this would affect SIP, but it does show that there are complicating factors that you need to consider.

A search of this forum might also throw up some advice. For example:

D7000 VOIP configuration - NETGEAR Communities

A broader search covers DSL modem routers:

SIP VOIP

For Oz specific advice, these people have proved useful in the past:

Whirlpool Forums

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation