Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 VPN assigns client on different subnet, unable to pass to LAN

Rick_K
Guide

D7000 VPN assigns client on different subnet, unable to pass to LAN

Hi people,

I am in need of some advise. I personally think I might be out of luck and I found a problem with the router. None the less I hope someone can give me some advise and shed some light on this situation. 

So I am using the D7000 f/w 1.0.1.42 with Sky Broadband in the UK, all happy and working with all of the out of the box stuff. 
Got a Dynamic IP but using the DynamicDNS which functions nicely too. 
The main thing I have changed from the default is my LAN 10.0.0.1/24 instead of the default 192.168.1.1? 

So I thought, to start using VPN, and obviously the D7000 has this feature, having worked with a few enterprise routers like SonicWall and Cisco ASA's I was shocked to see just a enable. None the less, enabled it and downloaded the certificate information and profile to my Android device. 

So using the OpenVPN Client software I was able to select the profile and connect! Awesome, peace of cake I thought. Now it seems that a seperate DHCP range as been created for the tunnel connection. And here are the issues;

• I can only browse to the Gateway IP set by the VPN Server which is 192.168.2.1 and it shows the router login page! 
  • No other webpages work. 
  • No DNS server as this is managed by the router but passed through to the OpenVPN client so unable to do NSLookups 
  • No simple way of allowing zone to zone routing. 

Now before I got crazy and reconfigure anything from scratch, has anyone every ran into this before?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
Rick_K
Guide

The diagnostic go on! 

So it actually seems I was testing a new feature of 1.0.1.42 which is the mobile device support using the TUN protocol. 
So can anyone at Netgear verify that TUN works?

Message 2 of 4
ADH91
Aspirant

Hi 

sorry to say I'm having exactly the same issue with the iOS version. 

I can see the router but nothing else. 

Hope that somebody out there can provide a solution. 

Message 3 of 4
BMG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same Issue.

What makes this issue even more confusing is that I can't find anywhere in the D7000 configuration where the VPN DHCP range is set.

As my router is 192.168.1.1 and the VPN is 192.168.2.1 there is no where to bridge the network to be able to see any devices or services on the 192.168.1.x subnet.

I would have prefered an option like what the Billion routers (7800VDOX series) have where you can allocate a allocate an DHCP range to incomming VPN connections.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7