Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 Wifi Issues

TempestII
Follower

D7000 Wifi Issues

Hello,

I bought a Nighthawk AC1900 (D7000) Modem Router last month to replace my parent's Talktalk provided modem/router. The installation went swimmingly & the signal on the D7000 was far superior as I hoped/expected. 

I went back to my dorm for a few weeks & then my parents complained that they were losing connectivity a lot. When I next visited I had another look at the device and updated the Firmware. I thought that would solve the issue. It didn't so I plugged the Talktalk one back in which worked fine (albeit with less range). It was clear with the D7000 that the wired connections were working fine but the internet provided over the wifi just was randomly drops out (the signal strength remains the same though).

I figured I'd try out the D7000 with my Virgin Media Fibre Optic broadband to see if it was any different. It took some hassle to sort it out but a hard reset to the Super Hub 2 & then a swap onto Modem mode followed by a hard reset to the Nighthawk & re-ensuring all the cables were in properly sorted situation. However, once again I'm having issues with internet over the wifi (both the 2.4 & 5Ghz). As before, the signal strength is excellent but all my devices (PS4, Lenovo laptop, Sony Z3 Tablet, Z3+ phone which all worked fine with the Super Hub 2 wifi) periodically lose connectivity. My PC which is hardwired to the D7000 works perfectly though.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
clithes
Prodigy

Re: D7000 Wifi Issues

Have you tried choosing a channel for the Wifi signals instead of leaving it set to 'auto' ?

This solved an issue I had with my D7000's wifi

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7