Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 drops network (LAN) until resetting. Can see wifi bands but won't allow connections

Theforkboy
Initiate

D7000 drops network (LAN) until resetting. Can see wifi bands but won't allow connections

Firmware version: 1.01.48_1.0.1

OK there seems to be a million people saying about the same issue I have but no one has once solved the issue hence why I have resulted to adding to the boat load of similar threads. 

So, with router on everything is great but through the course of a day I have to reboot the router constantly as devices and PC's lose connectivity. I can see the wifi networks but I can't connect, I get repeatedly asked for the password. I have a hardline PC and a wifi PC, Windows and Mac respectively. I also have Kindle and iOS devices all have the same issues. After reboot all is fine the devices connect automatically no password issues. Blah blah blah and then a few hours later the vicious circle happens again...

I have restored factory default settings time and time again, I have updated firmware and even rolled back firmware but I am completely at a loss with this thing. I know many out there have the same issues but as I say I am still yet to see anyone who has said their issue is fixed once and for all. Went through a VERY long call with BT (my ISP) and they basically said that my router is **** and I should get a BT one.

So, with all the evidence out there and netgears reluctance to fix this issue I am a short way away from taking them to the small claims court and buying a linksys.

please help!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: D7000 drops network (LAN) until resetting. Can see wifi bands but won't allow connections

What is the Mfr and model of the ISP modem from BT? 

Have you disconnected ALL wired and wireless devices from the router and just tested 1 wired PC to see if the problem happens. I would disable both radios on the router as well and test with one wired PC. Then maybe graduate either adding another wired device or turn on one of the radios and connect 1 wireless device and test with these two devcies for a bit. Graduating adding more devices 1 at a time. 

Ensure LAN cables are good. CAT6 is recommended.

Any other wifi neighbors near by? How many and what channels are they using? 

Disable IPv6 on the router. 

Set WPA2 and AES only on both radios.

Set manual channels on both radios. Use 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4ghz and any channel on 5Ghz. 

Set Up to Speed to 300Mb and test. 

Message 2 of 4
Theforkboy
Initiate

Firstly FURRYe38, thanks for the suggestions. I will say that your first paragraph is basically what I have had to do in the last month. I have had most devices on a shared 4G connection separate to this while I troubleshoot. The other point is that I use this as a modem and router so no other device in the config. DSL goes straight to the D7000. 

I havent tried manually setting channels yet though so I will try this and let you know. 

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You may want to post in the DSL modem forum or have one the forum moderators move this thread to the DSL modem forum. The D7000 is a DSL modem/router. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7