Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 firmware 1.0.1.48

BMG
Aspirant
Aspirant

D7000 firmware 1.0.1.48

Hi,

Has anyone updated their D7000 yet with this update?

Just curious to find out what exactly netgear mean by 'improved security' in the update notes and if this update fixes the Openvpn issue for smartphones?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
HardcorePawn
Aspirant

Rif.: D7000 firmware 1.0.1.48

well

this what upgrade stands for:

https://github.com/negan07/ancistrus/issues/3

mini_httpd, the web daemon has been fixed with a line of code:nothing else different

nothing else

this looks like a take-around-people

this firmware was created on october just when .44 was released: why waiting any longer ?

Is this the result of 6 month of development ?

Message 2 of 6
LucianoBrentana
Aspirant

Mmmm,

Is today April 1°?

Netgear, sure you have a strange way to satisfy your customers....

Message 3 of 6
mcrs969
Luminary

I am seriously concerned by the commitment of NETGEAR in taking care of Customer:

- consistency

- safety

as recently with this company i experienced respectively:

- issues with D7000 VPN with smartphones caused by a ridicolous coding error that would be revealed by a more focused testing

- improvement of D7000 released with big delay vs the initial FW writing date.

I am really awaiting for NETGEAR comments about this.

Message 4 of 6
Brum80
Apprentice

Re: D7000 firmware 1.0.1.48

I did update to the latest firmware but after just a week I went back to an older version as I kept losing internet connection over WiFi devices only. By that I mean my mobile phone would be connected to the router and I could ping internal devices such as my NAS but I couldn't get out on the internet. Wired devices such as my desktop PC could still use the internet though.

Some posts mentioned this fault and apparently doing a factory reset solved the issue for some but I couldn't be bothered and just went back to 1.0.1.38.

Tbh I'm tired of Netgear firmware updates so I'm just going down the route of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" route. I have been seriosuly dissappointed with Netgear on this occasion. A great product ruined by shoddy firmware updates.

Message 5 of 6

Re: D7000 firmware 1.0.1.48

@Brum80 wrote:

Some posts mentioned this fault and apparently doing a factory reset solved the issue for some but I couldn't be bothered ..

Perfectly understandable, but you should know that firmware updates sometimes introduce changes that are not compatible with the older configuration, hence the need for the reset.

A reset is always the first thing to try if you see any issues after the firmware update, like wobbly wifi access.

You can reduce the pain by saving your configuration before the reset and restoring it afterwards. But that can also carry over problems from the old settings, so you may still have to reset again.

@Brum80 wrote:

Tbh I'm tired of Netgear firmware updates so I'm just going down the route of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" route.

Again, a perfectly understandable approach. Unfortunately, in these days of rampant security issues it can leave you open to attack. At least, in theory, because many of these threats seem to be hypothetical with no sign of them happening in the real world.

It isn't so much the flash process that annoys me as the inability to "print out" the current settings in a readable normal. Instead Netgear suggests "noting down" the settings. For heaven's sake, this is the 21st century. Is it really beyond Netgear's coders to create a text printout of the settings?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7