Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 freeze

0rla
Follower

D7000 freeze

Hi,

few days ago I bought a brand new netgear nighthawk d7000.

After 1 day or two, it has started to freeze locking me up and blocking all my network (mobile devis, computers etc.) while the internet connection is still up. I've tried everything, downgrading from .32 down to .26 and viceversa. My logs don't show nothing strange however at the moment I set up a modem via the WAN port on the d7000 so the rj11 is currently connected to the modem and the modem is connected to the WAN of the d7000. 
Is it possible that the problem regards the adsl port on my d7000? Maybe something with the snr ore something similar.

Please help!

Regards

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello 0rla,

You are in ReadyNAS board. Moving your post to Home Networking > DSL Modems and routers.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
clithes
Prodigy

Try choosing a channel for your WiFi (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) instead of leaving it set to auto.  This seemed to cure my freezing up issues

Message 3 of 4
elementaltm
Aspirant

Hi,

Firstly my apologies for jumping onto someone elses thread, however I am confident I have the very same issue.

My brand new D7000 is also freezing every few of hours, despite everything I have tried to resolve so far (inc. running latest Firmware v1.0.0.34_1.0.1).

@clithesI'll give your TIP a try and report back in a few days. I need to find something that resolves the issue soon or it's getting booted out of the window!

Unitil now I was thinking it was possibly my MTU setting that was causing the issue, out of interest what MTU are you using? 

• Initial config of D7000 set the MTU at: 1458
  • PPPoE over Ethernet v2 Standard: 1492
  • If I try follow this Max MTU Guide I get the result: 1460

FYI: I'm connected via. BT Openreach FTTC to Plusnet Fibre Unlimited Extra.

Thanks in advance.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7