Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 freezing/lock up

Xtreme2k
Follower

D7000 freezing/lock up

Had this modem D7000 for 6 months without issues. Recently upgraded to the latest firmware.

After upgrading to 1.0.0.26 my modem router is now hard locking after every 1-2 days. During the hard locking, even the Wired LAN is down and the router interface cannot be accessed. DNS is down and in fact the switch is down I can't even access a local NAS which is hard set to a fixed ip.

I can't see the log as once you restart the log is cleaned everytime.

I tried rolling back to .18 and after a hard reset it continues to lock up once every 1.5 days (roughly). .18 used to be super stable for me.

I tried everything including disabled any unused services such as upnp and others. I can't have a modem where I have to reset every day.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 7
jamesabell1978
Initiate

Re: D7000 freezing/lock up

Exactly the same problem here, I have not had the router long but it has done 2 weeks without an issue, upgraded to 26, it freezed after a day, back to 18, freezed after a day, back on 26 again and we will see if it is any more stable otherwise it is going back. Not a great help I am afraid but at least you know you are not the only one.

Message 2 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I know that issues have came up when upgrading to the new firmware because of conflicts with old settings I would suggest doing a factory reset and then reloading the firmware then set the router back up again.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 7
Initiate
Initiate

I've just purchased mine, let it do its upgrades then configured it to my needs. Locks up hard daily needing to be reset, very poor, and unhappy
Message 4 of 7
clithes
Prodigy

Do you have your Wi-fi channels set to Auto ?

I found changing these to a channel i've picked myself (instead of leaving it to the Router to decide) stopped a lot of 'locking up'

Hope this helps

Message 5 of 7
jamesabell1978
Initiate

So, I have reset to factory settings, tried all versions of the firmware and this is still a fault, unfortunately manual channel did not sort this out either.

The most recent occurance was Sunday evening, router had been running with no problem for over 40 days and then it froze both wireless and wired. Nothing had changed, no new firmware, no settings change. Since then I have had to use the rear power switch every few hours. This seems a very strange issue as it was fine for so long. Also frustrating as I am now over my 90 day complimentary support.

If I return to factory settings and re set up it will give me another period of stability but the issue will re-occur.

Any pointers for next steps greatly appreciated.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jamesabell1978

At this point you may want to contact support it may need to replaced if you are still under your hardware warranty.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7