Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 lock up

oztan
Aspirant

D7000 lock up

Hi,

I've just purchased a D7000 modem router and connected it to my FTTP connection.

The device keeps locking up every 30mins or so and I have to constantly keep rebooting to reconnect. I've updated to the latest firmware (D7000_FW_V1.0.1.54_1.0.1) and even tried resetting and manually entering all details, but nothing seems to be working.

Can someone please help?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
oztan
Aspirant

There are a mix of devices - Macbook, Google Pixel, and HTC phone. Surely a Google device isn't an issue???

Message 2 of 5
Al94
Apprentice

Netgear currently appear to be blaming google and android devices for the well documented issues with the D7000.

My advice would be save yourself a lot of grief by returning it as it as not fit for purpose and considering other alternatives.

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is a v58 firmware available for testing at the moment for the D7000v1. You can PM a moderator if you're interested in trying it. We've had a lot of good feedback on that and would appreciate more.

There are reports that very unexpected behaviour of certain 3rd party devices under some conditions after a recent software update for those 3rd party devices has led to difficulties when using them with routers from a range of manufacturers including some of ours but it would be wrong to assume that any difficulty users are having must be related. It's certainly worth ruling out on a case by case basis however.

Message 4 of 5
Revell
Aspirant

I too have this problem however don’t feel it’s wifi related, instead it’s when I log in remotely to cctv. 

Completly locks up. 

Netgear please help

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7