Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 router logs don't show allowed or blocked sites

mscracker
Aspirant

D7000 router logs don't show allowed or blocked sites

The router logs don't show blocked or allowed sites. Shows other stuff like DHCP, Memory status, LAN access from remote, and admin logins, and I have all the log options checked. Modem has been rebooted many times and this problem has been there for months. I am half-tempted to restore the modem to factory defaults because I know logs worked when it was first installed.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
IrvSp
Master

Re: D7000 router logs don't show allowed or blocked sites

You didn't mention the f/w you are on, but if it is the .60 f/w, I'd rollback to the .42 and see if it works AFTER doing the Factory Reset. Too many people complaining about various things with that release.

Message 2 of 8
mscracker
Aspirant

Hi IrvSp,

I just downgraded to FW42 and the logs are still not working. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Message 3 of 8
IrvSp
Master

Just to make sure we are on the same page, and this is from my R8000 that I think is the same:

===============

Include in Log
Attempted access to allowed sites
Attempted access to blocked sites and services
Connections to the Web-based interface of this Router
Router operation (startup, get time etc)
Known DoS attacks and Port Scans
Port Forwarding / Port Triggering
Wireless access
Automatic Internet connection reset
Turn off wireless signal by schedule

Have you checked the top 2 boxes? Might want to check them all and save and see what appears?

Message 4 of 8
mscracker
Aspirant

Yes my D7000 has the same log options and all are checked. The one I usually don't check is the Known DoS attacks because that floods the logs with crap.  Still don't get site access history.

Message 5 of 8
IrvSp
Master

I guess the next step is contact NG support if in Free warranty period (90 days US) or try to RMA it if in RMA support (1 year US). Go to SUPPORT tab at top, then login or create an account, and assuming you've registered the router, MY SUPPORT and CONTACT SUPPORT.

Message 6 of 8
mscracker
Aspirant

Thank you Sir, for trying to help.

Maybe this weekend I'll reset to factor defaults and see what happens.

Best regards.

Message 7 of 8
Garry4
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem, the log file never worked correctly (No access is logged at all).

Phone support ended up telling me to take the router back (it was only a week old) and get a replacement. The replacement has exactly the same problem.

I suspect that this is a bug that was missed in testing?

Not sure where to go from here, my D6200 logged just fine. (Until a firmware updatre killed it)

Cheers,

Garry

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7