Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 time zone not under Scheduler - where is it??

Grant69
Aspirant

D7000 time zone not under Scheduler - where is it??

Hi all. First post out of frustration. I've had my D7000 for a year now and all fine but today wanted to set up the wifi scheduler. When I enter times then hit Apply, one box defaults to zero and if I hit Apply again, both default to zero. Tried multiple times, even within 30 mins of one another but the same result each time. 

After reading many posts on the subject the problem always seems to be the time zone. However, there is no time zone option under Schedule cannot see it under any other setting (screenshot attached). I'm using Chrome but have also opened the router up in Explorer but no difference.

This is so frustrating that I cannot get my $250 Nighthawk to do the same job as my crappy old 'free'  ISP modem would do without issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Grant69
Aspirant

Re: D7000 time zone not under Scheduler - where is it??

Thanks guys for the help. Reset the modem and no further issues. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] I've had my D7000 [...]

Firmware version?

> [...] here is no time zone option under Schedule cannot see it under
> any other setting (screenshot attached).

Around here (D7000, V1.0.1.54_1.0.1), it seems to be under ADVANCED >
Administration > NTP Setting.

Message 2 of 7
Grant69
Aspirant

Thanks. I have the latest firmware. I tried clicking NTP but nothing happens.

I think I have discovered another way to schedule though. In advanced settings => wireless you can set up a schedule there and that seems to work although I have not fully tested it. 

Message 3 of 7
antinode
Guru

> I have the latest firmware.

An actual version number would be more useful than your opinion of
what "the latest" is (today).

> I tried clicking NTP but nothing happens.

You clicked on what, exactly?  What does "nothing happens" mean in
this context?

Are you using the D7000 as a router or in some odd-ball mode
(wireless access point, ...)?

> [...] In advanced settings => wireless [...]

_Where_?  ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > ????  Perhaps you should stick
to copy+paste if you can't transcribe this stuff accurately.  My ability
to guess what you're doing is pretty poor.

Message 4 of 7
Grant69
Aspirant

My apologies for the lack of specific information, however, a less condescending attitude for a new user would be appreciated. Your point is well taken though.

Firmware downloaded yesterday so my presumption is that it is the 'latest' (V1.0.1.54_1.0.1).

Clicking ADVANCED=>Administration=>NTP Setting (as previously suggested) has no effect i.e. the screen does not change.

No, it's not in an oddball mode and nothing has been fiddled with apart from the basics of connecting to my ISP.

It's likely a moot point now anyway as under  ADVANCED=>Advanced Setup=>Wireless Settings I can happily set up a schedule to turn the 2.4 and 5GHz bands on and off as it suits.

Message 5 of 7

Does it stay that way? Hard to tell from your account of that page.

I've been playing with a different device and discovered that the thing takes time to check in with the time server. After a minute or two it gets there.

It can also help to factory reset these things after a firmware flash. Some people see this as witchcraft but it is silly not to try it given that new firmware can do stuff that is not compatible with what went before. It is odd that Netgear does not advise when this is necessary, but that is Netgear for you, boilerplate text that it can roll out regardless of the circumstances.

Netgear doesn't help by not providing manuals with devices these days. Get yours, along with other delights, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

@Grant69 wrote:

...however, a less condescending attitude for a new user would be appreciated. Your point is well taken though.

Sorry about that. Most people on this user-to-user forum try to understand where other users are coming from and adopt a friendly tone. Don't be put off.

Message 6 of 7
Grant69
Aspirant

Thanks guys for the help. Reset the modem and no further issues. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7