Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 v2 loses PPP and wont automatically reconnect

Twillsinc
Follower

D7000 v2 loses PPP and wont automatically reconnect

Hi Community. 

I have purchased a d7000 v2 to try and get better wifi in my house. The wifi works a treat in comparison to the Homehub 5 clone Plusnet have provided. However the PPP keeps dropping and won't automatically reconnect. I have to access the UI and just press apply as all the settings are still present. 

Firmware was 1.0.0.1 when I purchased but now 0.56 (current) with no resolution. I have a case open but their advice was factory reset (done) upgrade the firmware (done) and downgrade the firmware (really?) 

Amazon have offered me a refund on the product but ideally i'd rather try and fix the problem.

There are 12 devices connected to the router, 11 wirelessly, xboxes, TV, phones and google home equipment, I understand there was a nest item that caused disconnections a few years ago (I used to work in faults for a UK ISP) so have provided that information too in case relevant.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge around this please?

Thanks

Twills. 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: D7000 v2 loses PPP and wont automatically reconnect

Looking through the DSL section many of Netgears modem/routers seem to have problems maintaining their DSL connection and require manual intervention to reconnect. If it were me I'd take Amazon up on their offer to refund.

Message 2 of 3

Re: D7000 v2 loses PPP and wont automatically reconnect

@w3wilkes wrote:

Looking through the DSL section many of Netgears modem/routers seem to have problems maintaining their DSL connection ...

Possibly because people who turn up here are people who have problems maintaining their DSL connection.

Anyone without problems doesn't need to be here. There may be a widespread issue, but I would not place too much weight on what you see here as evidence of generic problems.

On the other hand, a return might give you the opportunity to get a separate modem and router. Experience users often prefer this as it brings several benefits.

For a start you get a wider choice of routers. Netgear adapts only a limited number of routers as modem/routers.

You also get more frequent updates to fix security holes and a higher likelihood of new features. Modem/routers seem to be lower down on the priority list for that sort of thing.

The only problem is that, depending where you are, standalone DSL modems seem to be disappearing and now command silly prices.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7