Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 v2 will not accept password for 2.4g band

Sad_Dad
Aspirant

D7000 v2 will not accept password for 2.4g band

Hi everyone. First post here and I hope someone can help. My issue is that whenever any device tries to connect to the 2.4 GHz band it fails with the message “Incorrect password” even though it isn’t.

i can see that there are many threads referencing this issue {mainly the v1 version) and I have tried many of the solutions. The only one that has worked is to turn off security on the 2.4 channel - but that is not one I am prepared to stick with!

So, to summarise, we are talking about a D7000 v2 running the latest firmware V 1.0.0.56_1.0.1. The 5GHz band is fine as are any wired connections.

I have tried factory resets, assigning a fixed channel and moving the router. I have changed passwords from the factory settings and even tried removing the password but the dashboard will not allow a blank field.

Any help would be much appreciated, mostly by my teenaged sons who are who are often out of range of the 5 GHz signal. Thanks in advance.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

@Sad_Dad wrote:

i can see that there are many threads referencing this issue {mainly the v1 version) and I have tried many of the solutions.

You don't say if you have tried one of the regular suggestions with picky wifi.

Tell the wifi clients to forget that they ever talked to this wifi source and set up the connection again from scratch.

Message 2 of 5
Sad_Dad
Aspirant

@michaelkenward- thanks for your response. If by "set up from scratch" you mean just search for the broadcast SSID and reconnect after "forgetting" it, yes, many times. No effect.

If you mean forget the network then reinstall the router from scratch - probably. This problem has been going on for a year and I may have forgotten all the work arounds I have tried. (I was prompted to try the forum after there was no resolution following the latest firmware release).

Can I just check which one of these you meant?

@michaelkenward wrote:

@Sad_Dad wrote:

i can see that there are many threads referencing this issue {mainly the v1 version) and I have tried many of the solutions.

You don't say if you have tried one of the regular suggestions with picky wifi.

Tell the wifi clients to forget that they ever talked to this wifi source and set up the connection again from scratch.

Message 3 of 5

@Sad_Dad wrote:

@michaelkenward- thanks for your response. If by "set up from scratch" you mean just search for the broadcast SSID and reconnect after "forgetting" it, yes, many times. No effect.

I mean go into the network control on the wifi clients. Something like "Manage wifi networks". Then delete the SSID for your network.

Changing the SSID and password on the router would have the same effect.

Message 4 of 5
Sad_Dad
Aspirant

I have done the first of those and also changed the network password. The issue persists.

I have not changed the broadcast SSID itself. I'll give that a go and report back. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7