Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 with Sky Ultrafast Broadband, constant drop outs.

JoeyHeth
Follower

D7000 with Sky Ultrafast Broadband, constant drop outs.

Hi,

I've purchased a D7000v1 to replace my Sky router, I'm new to networking so looked up how to change it over.

As suggested I used Wireshark to get my router username/password string and set my new router up.

Everything is working fine apart from an odd occurance which happens probably 2-5 times a week.

When using my computer or watching something on the table the internet will drop out, I'll still be connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz just with no internet connection.

I have my 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands set up as different channels so you can connect to either. When this happens say if I'm on the 2.4GHz channel I can switch to the 5GHz and it works fine immediately, you could even switch back to the original band you were on and it'd be working fine again. This could happen once in a night or 5-6 times back to back over the space of half an hour. Can't trace it back to a program as it seems to happen even if I'm just typing up a word document.

All the lights on the router also stay lit the same, internet LED is on as well as both the 2.4 and 5 LEDs.

Current Firmware - V1.0.1.78_1.0.1

I've looks around the forums and seen people with issue of drop out with this router.

I saw suggested that changing the MTU size may help which I changed to 1468 then 1492 which neither seemed to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7