Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 with talktalk

DannyJ84
Initiate

D7000 with talktalk

Hi all,

I have just bought a nighthawk D7000 modem router.

We are with talktalk (UK) and i have set up the modem/router and connected to the WIFI network Once connected it says no internet, and if I check my IP address it is an automatic IP 169.254.....and I have no internet connection. I can't even get to the router login page at www.routerlogin.net. 

I have also tried connecting to the router with an ethernet cable but I get the same problem.

On the front of the router the lights all appear to be on and solid white except the internet light. which is off.

I am trying to access the router on a Mac but have also tried on my android phone and it won't even connect to the WIFI network on my phone.

Does anyone have any idea of a possible solution?

Regards

Danny

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

@DannyJ84 wrote:

We are with talktalk (UK) and i have set up the modem/router and connected to the WIFI network Once connected it says no internet, and if I check my IP address it is an automatic IP 169.254.....and I have no internet connection. I can't even get to the router login page at www.routerlogin.net. 

Not sure that I follow what is going on here.

Are you trying to set up a new modem router on TalkTalk?

Where does connected to the WIFI network come into the picture? What are you connecting with?

You will not have an internet connection until you set up the modem/router.

If the DSL light is solid white then you have a connection to the DSL service. The internet LED will not change until you connect to the internet. For that to happen you needs to tell the D7000 how to login to TalkTalk.

There is support for the D7000, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

The quickstart guide is a good place to start.

Message 2 of 5
KeithRan
Initiate

Hi Danny,

I have a D7000 running on TalkTalk  and a Mac too! If the Mac IP is 169.254 … its a self assigned address so its not getting its address from the router. I would try a hard reset of the router first.

Message 3 of 5

@KeithRan wrote:

Hi Danny,

I have a D7000 running on TalkTalk  and a Mac too! If the Mac IP is 169.254 … its a self assigned address so its not getting its address from the router. I would try a hard reset of the router first.

Good feedback

That could also happen if the system was not booted in the right order. The Mac has assigned itself that address, rather than something 192.168.1.xxx, because it jumped the gun and did not ask the router for an address first.

A reset would be a good idea for a first time set up. Then do things in the correct order. See the quickstart guide (see above).

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Message 4 of 5
DannyJ84
Initiate

Thanks guys. Hard reset did the trick. All working fine now

Danny
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos