Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 wont configure to TalkTalk after firmware 68 install

IanJM
Aspirant

D7000 wont configure to TalkTalk after firmware 68 install

I am with TalkTalk and have got fed up with its supplied router ( VDSL speed and WiFi poor)

I have a D7000 V1 that I would like to get working again with TalkTalk but it won't configure correctly after I updated to Firmware V1.0.1.68 (it was on 44 and worked with TalkTalk)

TalkTalk supplied a new TV box and modem and my D7000 with firmware 44 would not do the tv part correctly.

I noticed that firmware 68 was available and decided to try and get my D7000 working again.  I connected the D7000 and all OK on firmware 44 so I upgraded it 68.

I then re-set the D7000 and went through the setup -  Uk, TalkTalk and TV automatic setup - after a while a poup was displayed that showed it had failed. Going to manual the setup showed UK and Adam ISP which does not exist in the UK.

I have tried re-installing 68 and several resets with no success - the D7000 will not establish a connection to TalkTalk

Any suggestions on what to try, please

Ian

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7000 wont configure to TalkTalk after firmware 68 install

Message 2 of 7
IanJM
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply 

The instructions seem to be from an older firmware version or router model

My router  is for fiber connection

I have tried to configure along the lines of the script but it  always fails

When I get back to to the configure screen TalkTalk has been replaced with Adam and the drop list is not for the UK. see attached

I tried going back to my firmware version 44 and the problem is the same.

Any ideas on what to do/try next please

Message 3 of 7

@IanJM wrote:

The instructions seem to be from an older firmware version or router model

Those instructions are generic. They apply to any DSL modem you want to connect.

Your figure shows that you have the D7000. So I don't know where this bit comes in:

My router  is for fiber connection

You say you are on VDSL. Cable is something else.

There is a manual for the D7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

You probably just need the right settings for your modem-router. The issue comes up here form time to time:

Solved: Re: Upgraded to TalkTalk Fibre and Nighthawk D7000... - NETGEAR Communities

There are more where that came from. Just search the forum.

Forget about the drop list, find the settings you need and feed them in manually. I'm sure that the TalkTalk user forum has that information.

Have you tried a factory reset and running the setup wizard?

Message 4 of 7
IanJM
Aspirant

I have done several factory resets and setup to talktalk using the wizard fails. Manual setup also fails and I have downloaded the setting from talktalk.
The D7000 was working on firmware 44 but without the Talktalk TV working. I upgraded to the latest firmware - working with no TV - then I did a factory reset to let the D7000 set it self up
Bad move it now fails both wizard and manual setups

Any ideas on what to try next?

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 7

You say that TalkTalk supplied a modem. If that is a modem/router, then you run the risk of having two routers on the network. That can cause headaches.

It is not clear to me which combinations you have tried.

Going back to your issues with the TalkTalk modem/router, if that is what it is, you refer to wifi and VDSL speed.

I have never seen any evidence that a different modem will do anything for DSL speeds. So switching over to the D7000 is unlikely to do much on that front.

For other things, an option would be to either put the TalkTalk thing into modem only mode, and then to use the D7000 as a router.

If it is just the wifi you what, then put the D7000 into AP mode. See  Use the Modem Router as a WiFi Access Point in the manual.

Message 6 of 7
IanJM
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

I have never seen any evidence that a different modem will do anything for DSL speeds. So switching over to the D7000 is unlikely to do much on that front.

Prior to getting the new TalkTalk modem I was getting mid to high 50 Mbps off the D7000

The  TalkTalk modem is giving low to mid 40's Mbps

Upload speeds are about similar around 14-15 Mbps

I have just setup the D7000 as an access point and its working well

I would still like to get it working as a VDSL router

A least I would have a spare to fall back on.

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7