Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000V2 moden and Australian NBN FFTC

Gazza-_377
Aspirant

D7000V2 moden and Australian NBN FFTC

I recently purchased one of these and would like to do away with the NBN box on the wall.

I have the moden set up using this box, but I believe I do not need it.

I have FTTC.

my provider is DODO.

has anyone set this modem up without the NBN box, if so could you advise the settings.

I an not very technical, but can carry out instructions or should I hire someone to do it?

Gary

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4
antinode
Guru

> [...] the NBN box on the wall.

The non-psychics in your audience may know very little about that
device.  What, exactly, is it?

> Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0

That has nothing to do with anything?

Message 2 of 4
Gazza-_377
Aspirant

Clearly you are not in Australia.

I had hoped for a more intelligent reply, but clearly you are no better than the support people.
I am now sorry I wasted my money! 

Message 3 of 4

@Gazza-_377 wrote:

I recently purchased one of these and would like to do away with the NBN box on the wall.

I have the moden set up using this box, but I believe I do not need it.

I have FTTC.

my provider is DODO.

The most obvious place to ask about this is the ISP.

Getting stuff to work on NBN can be a nightmare. The good news is that a lot of people have already grappled with the challenge. So there's a lot of past experience that you can draw on:

For example:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – D6300 NBN

and

Search - NETGEAR Communities – FTTC NBN

You can try narrowing that down by plugging the name of your ISP into the search. Some ISPs have especially exotic configurations.

The problem is that NBN comes in many flavours, effectively it just means "Australian Internet".

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Start by checking for your type of NBN.

Unfortunately, FFTC is another label that Australia uses in different ways from  other countries. (Curb there, cabinet here.) So, while it may be obvious to you what this "box on the wall" does, the rest of us are in the dark.

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. You have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem. Sometimes it is just the NBN box that your ISP installed.

Here's a good place to start looking for local expertise:

“NBN” - Whirlpool Forums

Good luck, you may need it.

Is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7