Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000V2 wifi dropping

jjb0800
Aspirant

D7000V2 wifi dropping

My wifi connection keeps disconnecting like 6 time in the hour, I have tried channels 1 6 and 11 on the 2.4ghz and no difference made, i have also reduced the mtu size and it still disconnects, my isp is saying there are no faults on the line
Message 1 of 6
antinode
Guru

Re: D7000V2 wifi dropping

> D7000V2 [...]

Firmware version?  Connected to what?

> My wifi connection keeps disconnecting [...]

Is the problem with the connection between your (unspecified)
wireless device and the router, or with the connection between your
router and your (unspecified) ISP, or what?  What happens to a
wire-connected client device?

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual (at least).  Read.  Look for the
LED descriptions and "Troubleshoot".

Message 2 of 6
jjb0800
Aspirant

I have already downloaded the latest firmware version. The problem is between my wireless devices and the router, from the isp side its fine no faults are on the line. Wired connections are stable but do from time to time drop connection but not as bad as the wireless signal. I bought this router pre owned but gave heard countless problems with this model should have thought twice, my previous D6400 worked wonders
Message 3 of 6

@jjb0800 wrote:
I bought this router pre owned

I assume that the first thing you did was a factory reset to remove any settings from the previous owner.

Message 4 of 6
jjb0800
Aspirant

Sure did
Message 5 of 6
shreyakith
Aspirant

The Netgear router network drop problem can occur because of many reasons. but in most of the cases, it took due to some hardware problem.

If your wifi keeps disconnecting you can try this solution:-

Solution : Netgear Nighthawk Router Firmware Update

The problem of network dropping Wi-Fi connection can be easily fixed by just Netgear Router Firmware Update.

1. Connect your Netgear router with your desktop or laptop with the help of an Ethernet cable.
  2. Once connected, open of your preferred web browser from your connected desktop or laptop with the router.
  3. Now visit Netgear router login  web page. Mention the login credentials i.e. default Netgear username and password.
  4. Now tap on the advanced option and then select the Administration settings tab.
  5. Select the Firmware update or router update button and tap on the Check button.
  6. Wait for few minutes and let the router check for the new available firmware update.

May this solution help you to connect with your wifi.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7