Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000v2 Cannot login to router

Fazzam
Aspirant

D7000v2 Cannot login to router

Hi There,

I have just upgraded to FTTC (UK) and bought a D7000v2 to replace the Plusnet free router.  The Genie Login for the Netgear router will wokr briefly after a reboot, but within less than 5 minutes it freezes until the router is rebooted again.  It seems to be holding a WAN connection just fine and the WiFi seems fine, but I am frustrated that the Genie is so intermittent.  I have updated the firmware today.  I have installed the iPhone app, but really this doesn't have the level of detail that I want to manage my router.  The iPhone "Nighthawk" app said it wasn't compatible with this router.  I thought it was a "Nighthawk" because it says it on the box, but I may be wrong.

Any ideas about this issue?  Is it potentially a dud router?

Many thanks.

Fazzam

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

@Fazzam 

Greetings.

Based on your description, I would recommend the following.

-All configuration, management and updating should be done from a PC connected to the router directly via ethernet.

-Do not use your phone, Genie, NightHawk App or any other method to setup or manage.  Web interface only.

-Start over, reset the device using the reset button on the back.  I use a toothpick with the tip broken off (works great)

-Perform set up again from scratch

What you should try:

After you reset the device, connect to it from a wired PC as I mentioned.  STOP here.  Wait. What happens next.  If the interface remains accessible, continue with set up and configuration.

If it freezes again, you may need to re-flash it's firmware.  Here's why.  You said you had upgraded the FW.  Some methods are more reliable than others.  A bad or incomplete flash can leave the router in a semi-functioning unstable state.  Behavior such as freezing after a short period of time might indicate this.

We aren't there to see what's happening, what you did or how you did it.  The steps above will help you determine what to do next.

If you need more help, please reply back and one of us can assist you futher.   

Message 2 of 4
IrvSp
Master

This isn't a true router, but a modem/router.

You might have better luck over at https://community.netgear.com/t5/English/ct-p/English and select CABLE MODEM, ROUTERS. That is the proper forum for this product, this one is for NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK ROUTERS only.

Message 3 of 4
Fazzam
Aspirant

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I think perhaps there were two issues.

Firstly I was connecting wirelessly, my previous TP-Link Router never took issue with this.

Secondly I was trying to get Readyshare to work with an external HDD which is a Seagate 2TB drive which from memory is a few years old.  I've since plugged the HDD in to my PC and it has found drive errors.  A spare Toshiba SSD seems to working fine with the Router, so perhaps the old Seagate is to blame.

So at the moment it is working fine, but I will save your post for future reference just in case.

Thanks again.

Fazzam

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7