Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 Internet drops multiple times daily

stellaKntrL
Aspirant

D7000v2 Internet drops multiple times daily

My Nighthawk D7000v2 modem/router keeps dropping internet daily (ADSL2+ connection with max up to 14mbit - not too far from node). The connectivity lights stay on and I can network to the unit though its stated interenet as 'bad'. Each time I can either resubmit the ISP credentials to connect again or have to cycle the unit. The lights stay on with connectivity staying still connected though the network GUI states it's not. I have tried factory reset and firmware upgrade to V1.0.0.47_1.0.1. It seems that using the latest firmware results in more disconnects. I have tried running at retail firmware (downgrade) and found that slighly more stable though at least one daily reset. 

Is their a more stable firmware or beta firmware that might resolve the internet dropping though unit still being connectable via networking? Or any other ideas?

When it d/c's internet, the unit in advanced settings still shows the internet port as connected, though basic tab interenet states not connected. Very frustrating having to constantly cycle the unit or watching Netflix and getting error, no connectivity.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: D7000v2 Internet drops multiple times daily

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flashes?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

Message 2 of 4
stellaKntrL
Aspirant

Firmware resets have been factory back to box settings.

Old and new firmware are both unstable, though newest seems more prone to dropping internet connection.

Message 3 of 4

Have you considered the possibility that you telephone line, or whatever delivers the internet, is dodgy?

Have you looked at the  modem's logs to see if that tells you anything about why the connection drops?

Blaming the modem without investigating other possibilities is not the way to troubleshoot such issues.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7