Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi problem

PeteRaynell
Aspirant

D7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi problem

Hi there,

I have a D7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 thats a couple of years old now.

Every 6 months or so for some reason the WiFi seems to play up, the lights are on, but all the devices that use the wifi network (mac books, iphones, canon printer, smart TV) suddenly can not see the WiFi network anymore.

The only solution seems to be completely powering the router on and off a few times until the network re appears on devices,  once it re appears it seems most devices still can't connect, usualy with an "unable to connect to network" error, further toogling of the routers wifi on and off button eventually leads to the devices being able to connect again, and all is back to normal, this can take a few attemps.

Has anyone got any idea why this might be happening or if theres anything I can do to recifty it?

Cheers.

IMG_3625.jpg

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: D7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi problem

Please visit and post about this over in the DSL modem forum.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-dsl-modems-routers

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 4

@PeteRaynell wrote:

I have a D7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 thats a couple of years old now.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 3 of 4
PeteRaynell
Aspirant

Firmware Version
V1.0.0.66_1.0.2

I just updated the firmware to the version above, after the update the wifi network disapeared from my devices, the wifi light was however "on" on the router, I had to toggle the wifi on and off a few times on the router before any devices could see the network again.....

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7