Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 Non-compliant VDSL modem after Fibre to the Node upgrade

Mastertatts
Aspirant

I received an email from my ISP saying "We have recently been notified that nbn will be implementing new functionality on its Fibre to the Node/Building (FTTN/B) technology that will impact your internet service. The changes will require your connected VDSL modem to have specific functions/software for the internet to continue working beyond 31 January 2022.You can contact the manufacturer of your current VDSL modem and check whether a firmware update may be available to support the Save Our Showtime (SOS) and Robust Overhead Channel (ROC) functions required by nbn.
For modems not supporting these new functions, another function, Seamless Rate Adaptation (SRA) will be required by nbn."

There doesn't seem to be any way to contact anyone to find out if my piece of Netgear will support this new tech.

Can anyone help, or do I just go and buy something with better customer service?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: D7000v2 Non-compliant VDSL modem after Fibre to the Node upgrade

as far as I'm aware (from a different conversation with a mod), the only models that support those functions are the D7000v1, D6220, D6400

Message 2 of 3

Re: D7000v2 Non-compliant VDSL modem after Fibre to the Node upgrade

Try this search:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – NBN SOS

There is enough earlier discussion there to save a lot of time.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7