Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 Plusnet ASDL2+ daily disconnects - no problems with plusnet cheap router

mr120
Follower

D7000v2 Plusnet ASDL2+ daily disconnects - no problems with plusnet cheap router

I've had the router ~1 month and for 2 weeks I was using it trying to get the connection to stay active, but the internet connection would drop and force me to go to internet settings and click 'apply' again (which I assume just means restarting the router in this case).

This was happening daily, when it was up it was fine, and the router never seemed to crash or loose wifi, just internet connection would drop.

After 2 weeks my plusnet router arrived (slow plusnet delivery on router) plugged this in and the connection has not dropped in the 2 weeks, although the router sucks and has its laggy moments.

I would check firmware was the most recent each day (which upon arrival required an update, but never since).

At this point I feel it's just incompatible with the exchange hardware, any advice?

Thanks

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: D7000v2 Plusnet ASDL2+ daily disconnects - no problems with plusnet cheap router

Greetings,

You have D7000v2 in the subject line and D7000 as the chosen device.  Which do you have?

If the v2, then 1.0.0.51 is the latest FW available for your router.  There are three things you should do. 

First.  Use the [Erase] feature in the router's GUI to reset the router to defaults.  After upgrading its often wise to reset if you experience any type of undesired behavior.  Now see if the router stays connected reliably.  If connection is PPoE, keep the following in mind.  You  may need to make minor adjustments to the connection settings "Connection Mode" and Idle Timeout"  use, "Always On" and "0".  Also, wiring or problems with the jack at the wall can cause intermittent connectioin issues.  The cable too.   

Second, if the reset doesn't help.  Reflash the FW manually.  Do so from a PC connected directly to the router via ethernet.  Download the FW file from the support portal and flash directly from your computer.  Here is the download for 1.0.0.51 The file does need to be unzipped.

Last, if your FW version includes an automatic update feature, I would suggest disabling it.  This way you don't go to bed with a working router and wake up to a headache.  FW updates should always be planned and performed on your terms.  Do not trust the Genie App or the Auto Check and Update feature in the GUI.  Use the manual method for best results. Performing a reset after any FW flash is never a bad idea.  

Message 2 of 3

Re: D7000v2 Plusnet ASDL2+ daily disconnects - no problems with plusnet cheap router

As well as that advice, you have also posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers

Your devices is a DSL Modem/Router.

You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

DSL Modems & Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7