Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 WiFi AP admin page?

Fregrinz
Aspirant

D7000v2 WiFi AP admin page?

Hello,

Am with Now TV Broadband and put my D7000v2 into WiFI access point mode as per manual but when i type routerlogin.net it goes to the Now Hub 2 admin page. I looked on Now Hub 2 attached devices but i cannot find D7000 listed with an IP and I want to change the SSID now.

Also my product is registered but am unable to contact support, router not in the registered product drop down.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: D7000v2 WiFi AP admin page?

@Fregrinz wrote:

Am with Now TV Broadband and put my D7000v2 into WiFI access point mode as per manual but when i type routerlogin.net it goes to the Now Hub 2 admin page. I looked on Now Hub 2 attached devices but i cannot find D7000 listed with an IP and I want to change the SSID now.

I assume that the Now Hub 2 is also a router.

routerlogin.net is intended to get you into the main "gateway" on your network. With the D7000v2 in AP mode, it is no longer the gateway. That is down to the Now Hub 2.

You should be able to track down its IP address and point your browser at that.

Not knowing how the Now Hub 2 works, I have no idea how it hands out IP addresses. If you can connect to its wifi with a wifi client, then that should show you the IP address.

One thing you can do is to factory reset the D7000v2. Disconnect it from the network. Disconnect your PC from the modem/router. Connect the D7000v2 to the PC. Go into the D7000v2 and make any changes you want to the SSID and password. Reconfigure it into AP mode. Then restart the new network, with the Now Hub 2 as modem/router and D7000v2 as access point.

Message 2 of 4
Fregrinz
Aspirant

Sorry yes the Now Hub 2 is ISP router is basically same as one get with Sky Q just rebadged.

I couldnt find IP on ISP router and tried Advanced IP scanner with no sucess.

This morning after some playing around i managed disconnect all cables apart from my PC, turn D7000, Then let me use admin page alter my WiFI and turn off the LEDS. Is there anything else I need to do ?

Message 3 of 4

@Fregrinz wrote:
Is there anything else I need to do ?

I don't know. I don't understand this bit:

@Fregrinz wrote:

This morning after some playing around i managed disconnect all cables apart from my PC, turn D7000,

So I don't know what you have done.

My first response suggested what you could do.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7