Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000v2 Wireless Won't Connect After Reboot

Mattspew
Aspirant

D7000v2 Wireless Won't Connect After Reboot

Everytime I reboot my D7000 my wireless devices can't reconnect; they all say "Authentication Problem" or similar.

If I log into my D7000 and simply goto Advanced --> Setup --> Wireless Setup and click "Apply" at the top of the screen WITHOUT changing anything, all my wireless devices can connect again.

I think the issue started after updating to fireware V1.0.0.51_1.0.1, but I can't be sure.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Mattspew
Aspirant

New symptom today; router says it's synced to the VDSL, the build-in test says it's connected, I have an IP from my ISP... No internet access for any connected devices.

This router is faulty and Netgear Support are just hopeless; apart from not being able to understand a word the person was saying, they simply don't understand the issue. Around and around I went telling them that test proves nothing.

Solution: try to get a refund and put the money towards a different brand!

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies

@Mattspew wrote:

I think the issue started after updating to fireware V1.0.0.51_1.0.1, but I can't be sure.

That isn't the most recent.

D7000v2 Firmware Version 1.0.0.53 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 11
Mattspew
Aspirant

It's the most recent found by my router.
Message 3 of 11
antinode
Guru

> It's the most recent found by my router.

And you trust it (and Netgear)?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1708606

Message 4 of 11
Mattspew
Aspirant

Why would any regular user have a reason to doubt the built-in update function of the router? I'll manually install the latest version and test.

At least you weren't as rude to me as you were in the link you shared.
Message 5 of 11

You are right. It should show up in the update check. But experienced users know to check when they hit a brick wall. That's how I knew what to look for.

One excuse is that Netgear takes time to move things from the support site to the update server, but that hardly explains a three-month delay.

If you sign up for email updates, you may eventually get a message in that way. But many people ignore those, or suspect them of being spam.

Looking on the bright side, at least you now know that there is another option. Let us know if it doesn't fix things.

At least you weren't as rude to me as you were in the link you shared.

Sorry about that. Some people come here intent on belittling other users, even though the rules are clear:

NETGEAR Community Terms Of Service | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Behave with civility and mutual respect.

Message 6 of 11
Mattspew
Aspirant

Manually updated to V1.0.0.53_1.0.2 and unfortunatly the issue still exists; however this time I checked the "Attached Devices" page and noticed it only effects 2.4Ghz devices.

If you check the screenshot; literally the only thing I do to get it working again is press "Apply".

Message 7 of 11
Mattspew
Aspirant

It got worse, even with my work around, nothing could connect to 2.4Ghz.
Even chaning the password and turning off security didn't work.

Backup, factory reset, restore fixed the problem.

Message 8 of 11

@Mattspew wrote:

It got worse, even with my work around, nothing could connect to 2.4Ghz.
Even chaning the password and turning off security didn't work.

Backup, factory reset, restore fixed the problem.

Restore after reset is also known to revive bugs. Sounds like you managed to avoid that one.

Message 9 of 11
Mattspew
Aspirant

Issue not resolved.

I havecompleted a factory reset and manual setup TWICE now, not restore of backup, and I cannot connect 2.4Ghz devices without my workaround.

Ready to get my money back on this junk.

Message 10 of 11
Mattspew
Aspirant

New symptom today; router says it's synced to the VDSL, the build-in test says it's connected, I have an IP from my ISP... No internet access for any connected devices.

This router is faulty and Netgear Support are just hopeless; apart from not being able to understand a word the person was saying, they simply don't understand the issue. Around and around I went telling them that test proves nothing.

Solution: try to get a refund and put the money towards a different brand!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7