Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000v2 - being offered differing firmware updates, & how to return to previous firmware?

GaT7
Tutor

D7000v2 - being offered differing firmware updates, & how to return to previous firmware?

Hi,

Present/original firmware installed is 1.0.0.41.

If I check via the Genie browser interface or Genie Windows program, it's offering me 1.0.0.51...

But if I check manually on the website, the latest is apparently 1.0.0.53: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/d7000v2?#download

Which one should I download & install please?

I'm in the UK if it makes any difference.

- - - - -

Secondly, if I find the latest not suitable for any reason, how do I go back to the previous (or install another) firmware? Manually download & install it from the downloads section? Thanks Smiley Happy

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: D7000v2 - being offered differing firmware updates, & how to return to previous firmware?

@GaT7 wrote:

Thanks for replying, but still wondering which to install, & would you happen to know if it's possible & easy-enough to return to an older firmware?

Yes. You can use whatever firmware you like.

They are all on the support pages for your device. The release notes tells you what to do.

>>>> D7000v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] it's offering me 1.0.0.51... [...]
> [...] manually on the website, [...] 1.0.0.53: [...]

Netgear's firmware distribution procedures seem unlikely to win any
awards for organization.  Search these forums (or the Web) for more
instances of similar questions.

> Which one should I download & install please?

Your choice?  Do you want the latest one, or the one before that?

> [...] how do I go back to the previous (or install another) firmware?
> Manually download & install it from the downloads section?

Exactly.  The Release Notes file should include instructions.

Message 2 of 5

@GaT7 wrote:

If I check via the Genie browser interface or Genie Windows program, it's offering me 1.0.0.51...

But if I check manually on the website, the latest is apparently 1.0.0.53: 

This is a "feature" of Netgear's process of rolling out new firmware. The automated updates sit on a different server from the library of available updates on the support pages. New firmware usually lands in the library before it hits the update servers, but it can go the other way round.

Sometimes new firmware will show up as a "hotfix" before it reaches the update server and before it lands in Firmware and Software Downloads.

Message 3 of 5
GaT7
Tutor

@antinode

Thanks for replying, so the latest firmware is not recommended then?

@michaelkenward

Thanks for replying, but still wondering which to install, & would you happen to know if it's possible & easy-enough to return to an older firmware?

Message 4 of 5

@GaT7 wrote:

Yes. You can use whatever firmware you like.

They are all on the support pages for your device. The release notes tells you what to do.

>>>> D7000v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7