Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000v2 constantly dropping connections

Harni
Aspirant

D7000v2 constantly dropping connections

Hi,
I had a D7000v1 for a little under a year and that worked flawlessly until it died a death completely one day. Took it back to the store and they swapped it out for a brand new V2. Since I have had the v2 I have had no end of troubles with connections dropping out. I have a TP link switch with about 8 devices running from it plus about 6-8 wireless devices at any one time. When the connection drops out the router is utterly jsesless. No wired or wireless devices can communicate with each other or the internet at all. The SSID usually disappears from the search list or if it doesn’t, you can still connect but can’t get on any web page (can’t even get onto the router configuration page)
The only way to solve this is to reboot the router which I am having to do daily at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be and how to resolve it?
According to the router I am already on the latest version. I had to update it about 2 days after I got it and the problem was there before and after the firmware upgrade
Message 1 of 4
dalef
Tutor

Do you have IPv6 enabled on the router?

Message 2 of 4
Harni
Aspirant

Yes I do
Message 3 of 4
dalef
Tutor

I apologize for the delay in replying. Unfortunately, I have issues with my R7000 and IPv6. From reading these forums, it seems that many Netgear routers have problems fully implementing IPv6 reliably.

As a troubleshooting step, I recommend not using DHCPv6. If you wish to use IPv6, use the 6to4 Tunnel, if your ISP supports this. I have found that using the 6to4 Tunnel allows the R7000 to have a stable Internet connection, while DHCPv6 does not.

However, if your ISP does not support the 6to4 Tunnel, disable IPv6.

In either case, whether using the 6to4 Tunnel or disabling IPv6 entirely, after reconfiguring the router, power-cycle the router. Determine if this solves the problem and please let me know either way.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7