Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 crashing?

D7000v2 crashing?

I am starting to hate this router. Its lack of things like DNS loopback for what it costs makes me mad but that's another story. To top it off now it's started to have some sort of hang/crash?   Over the last few nights, my devices have lost internet despite still being connected to the Wi-Fi. A reboot of the router sorts this. last night I can see from my servers logs that DNS stopped at 22:03 and was still out at 7:00 the next day. so instead f rebooting I figure I will take a look. Wi-Fi is working but can't log on to the router. admin page never loads. odd I think. so I try network cable and same thing. DHCP is working as it gave my laptop an address but the admin page will not load. Ok let me try and ping it, no ping response. now that makes next to no sense. so it's broadcasting DHCP but nothing else works? I know I will look at the logs. but the logs are wiped out if you reboot the device? So that's useful.

it says firmware V1.0.0.51_1.0.1 and says it's the latest. my network is segregated. the router is 192.168.1.1 and everything with a static address is .50 to .99 and all DHCP devices are .100 to .200 so there is no IP conflict of the same random device trying to us 192.168.1.1 and I also tried making the router 192.168.1.254 for a while to see if that made a difference and no go either same results.

anyone got any advice? I wish these things supported some sort of open firmware as I am ready to throw it in the bin. Such a poor experience to every other Netgear device I have bought.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: D7000v2 crashing?

just replying to my own thread. it's crashed again twice this morning. 

Message 2 of 6

@paranoidsystems wrote:

it says firmware V1.0.0.51_1.0.1 and says it's the latest.

It isn't.

D7000v2 Firmware Version 1.0.0.53 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

There is support for the D7000v2, including a manual and firmware, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> D7000v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Who knows if it will fix your problems. It is about three months old.

If not, a clearer description of what happens when it bombs out would help. Talk of "some sort of hang/crash" isn't much to go on. Any clues from the LEDs on the front? Ever tried a factory reset?

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for that. I flashed it with the new firmware and factory reset it. Strangely then it's default DHCP setup was to make the gateway 192.168.1.1 and the range 192.168.0.X god knows why.

anyway I got into the router in the end but I have the same issue after a few hours. the LEDs on the front show that all is well. if I plug in a network cable the LEDs change correctly. It says it's on the internet but you cannot load the devices ADMIN page and it does not respond to pings. it keeps running as an AP/switch but that's it. going to return this thing to Amazon as it must be faulty. 

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 6

@paranoidsystems wrote:

Strangely then it's default DHCP setup was to make the gateway 192.168.1.1 and the range 192.168.0.X god knows why.

What else do you have on your network?

Message 5 of 6

I have a windows 2016 server a couple of gaming rigs and various wireless devices but nothing else that is broadcasting DHCP.  It's almost like certain services have failed on the routers OS. I gave it a blast with compressed air in case it's overheating or something. 

I think at this rate I will return it to Amazon and replace it with something that supports NAT loopback as I miss NAT loopback it's useful for me.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7