Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000v2 dropping internet connection

xraytod
Follower

D7000v2 dropping internet connection

Am now on my 3rd one. First didn't work out of the box, second lasted less than 2 years & then started dropping the internet connection and Wifi - despite all panel lights remaining lit - my ISP confirmed there was zero problem with my line, so that was replaced by Curry's (Uk) for another one. This one has now disconnected itself - with all lights remaining on - after less than 2 days in operation. Cannot be accessed at all unless its re-booted.

Latest firmware D7000v2_V1.0.0.56_1.0.1 is installed.

Fortunately I have a older - but reliable - D750 which I can re-install but he wifi isn't that good - hence the purchase of the Nighthawk.

From a quick Google search many people are experiencing exactly the same issues - why is Negear still selling this model because its obviously not fit for purpose.......!!  I have always used Netgear products and bought 8 Arlo security cameras on the stength of Netgear's reputation.

Anybody got any solutions that might work?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @xraytod, welcome to the community! I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 2 of 9
emmmr
Guide

I have exactly the same problem. D7000v2 disconnects from internet every day and reboot sorts it.  All lights remain on. What is the solution ?

Message 3 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @emmmr, what firmware version is the D7000v2 on? What steps have you tried so far?

Message 4 of 9
emmmr
Guide

Latest firmware D7000v2_V1.0.0.56_1.0.1 is installed.

When channels as recomended by Netgear Support were selected all has been OK. (2.4 c 6 & 5.0 125'sh)

Message 5 of 9
miketod
Aspirant

Hi, Netgear are allegedly replacing it - but its been a week or two........

Message 6 of 9
Rimu
Aspirant

I have this problem as well. Where is the support information that recomends chaging the WIFI channels? I dont have the option of 125... only 124 for the 5Ghz 

Message 7 of 9
sanone
Initiate

I fixed it. I bought a used one and experienced this matter. After going through forums and everything, I was able to identify the problem. The problem is the heatsink not touching the chips properly, the heatsink even had a small play. It was terrible. I removed the cover and added thermal paste properly and soldered back the heatsink. Never dropped again. It is easy but you need the tools. Thanks

Message 8 of 9
jbardedwards
Aspirant

I have this same router, I have tried everything from rolling back firmware temporarily, performing a factory reset, lowering MTU size, monitoring for DoS attacks, using only wired connections, changing wifi channels, moving the router to a different physical location, and praying. I really don't feel comfortable with my own hardware repair so I won't be opening mine up for soldering, but I'm disappointed to hear this was the only solution you found. I hope I can get some support from Netgear on this.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7