Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 drops all connections and stop accepting new ones and needs hard reboot

paolo77856
Follower

D7000v2 drops all connections and stop accepting new ones and needs hard reboot

Hi, I bought a D7000v2 router about 3 months ago and everything has been configured and working fine for some time (I had both 2.4g and 5g on the main WIFI network, 2.4g and 5g on the guest network and a wired device).

Then, all of sudden, I started experiencing problems:

- existing WIFI connections drops

- WIFI network not visible from any device and so impossible to reconnect

- even the wired connected device loses connection despite the led was still on on the router

So it was impossible to connect to the router and only solution was rebooting.

That last a few days, occurring once or twice a day. Once rebooted, Internet connectivity was back again and working fine.

Then there was a long period with no problem at all followed by a few days with issue every day. I thought again it was temporary and in fact for other 2 weeks, no problem at all, non even once reboot.

And now it started again!! I tried to disable every service I don't need and now I'm only allow WIFI 2.4g on main wireless. Even the wired device had been moved to that WIFI.

I live in an isolated area with basically only one other WIFI connection from the neighbour and it's ona diffent channel.

I have 2 to max 6 devices connected, not changing. Logs seem OK. 

Only thing the TV seems getting DHCP too many times in an hour but it doesn't happen all day. 

[DHCP IP: (192.168.0.6)] to MAC address XXXXX, Thursday, Apr 22,2021 08:14:42
[DHCP IP: (192.168.0.6)] to MAC address XXXXX, Thursday, Apr 22,2021 08:09:05
[DHCP IP: (192.168.0.6)] to MAC address XXXXX, Thursday, Apr 22,2021 08:04:13
[DHCP IP: (192.168.0.6)] to MAC address XXXXX, Thursday, Apr 22,2021 07:57:50
[DHCP IP: (192.168.0.6)] to MAC address XXXXX, Thursday, Apr 22,2021 07:35:21

Firmware updated to latest (V1.0.0.66_1.0.2)

Is it something broken with the router and should I ask for a replacement?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: D7000v2 drops all connections and stop accepting new ones and needs hard reboot

@paolo77856 wrote:

Firmware updated to latest (V1.0.0.66_1.0.2)

The latest is not always the greatest. Did you update it yourself, or did it arrive with the latest?

If you updated it, did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

You can reduce the hassle of reconfiguring all those settings by creating a backup of your settings before you reset. Then if something is still broken after the reset, and the new firmware has not fixed it, you can restore the device to its pre-reset state.

You could even try restoring the settings even if the new firmware has fixed the problems, but be prepared for the restore to also bring back your problems.

If that doesn't fix it, you could try older firmware.

@paolo77856 wrote:

Is it something broken with the router and should I ask for a replacement?

I'd be tempted to go down the RMA route. At least it would get their attention.

Message 2 of 3
YourCuznLilith
Aspirant

Re: D7000v2 drops all connections and stop accepting new ones and needs hard reboot

d7000

This modem is an absulout POS. I have had constant drop outs since i bought the thing in September and cant get any support from Netgear or the place I purchased it from.

Note to self and spread to others - avoid netgear modems at all cost.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7