Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 has locked me out.

jpn369
Aspirant

D7000v2 has locked me out.

I have factory reset my router in a possibly vain attempt to stop it crapping out several times a day. I now cannot log in as it won’t accept the password as “password” or the password I had set before. It also won’t recognise the serial number when trying that approach. Any suggestions on sorting this?
Message 1 of 5

Re: D7000v2 has locked me out.

@jpn369 wrote:
I have factory reset my router in a possibly vain attempt to stop it crapping out several times a day.

What were the symptoms of this "crapping out"? (That's not a fault description that I recognise.) Your answer may give some clues as to why it won't let you back in.

Then there is the "router" description. The D7000v2 is a DSL modem/router. Is that how you are using it? Or is the device supposed to be in modem only, router only, or AP mode?

I now cannot log in as it won’t accept the password as “password” or the password I had set before.

It will not recognise your earlier password. Your reset told it to forget that.

What does "won’t accept" mean? What happens when you try?

These things usually throw up some sort of error message.

How are you trying to get on? browser graphical user interface (GUI) or a wifi app?

Wired in with a browser is the most reliable. You don't even need an Internet connection to get in.

Message 2 of 5
jpn369
Aspirant

I have managed to reset the password. It was not using the default password “password “ but was using one I may have set in between getting the router and the most recent password.
Re. Crapping out- the router/modem is my modem as well as router and is not in AP mode.
It regularly stops functioning ie no internet access although the lights on the router don’t give any indication of a fault. I have read and attempted fixes with no success and I believe I am on the latest firmware 1.0.0.82_1.01.
Message 3 of 5
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I've had this same issue with my D7000v2 and have given up on the device! Is your connection ADSL or VDSL? My D7000v2 completely locks up on VDSL2 within 1 or 2 days of rebooting, also on 82_1.0.1. All lights are normal white when it locks up but I can not access it from a browser from my computer either on ethernet or wifi, I have to power cycle to regain access. I'm now going to the ISP provided modem/router with that configured for "transparent bridge" mode with an ASUS router for my network. Once this is complete I'll keep the current DGND3700v1 with flawless 3rd party software as backup. I find that ASUS has much better product support and warrantee than Netgear along with free lifetime Trend Micro security. Netgear charges for their Netgear Armor security. With the Netgear lack of support for consumer products and their basically untested firmware I've had it and am moving on.

Message 4 of 5

@jpn369 wrote:
I have managed to reset the password. It was not using the default password “password “ but was using one I may have set in between getting the router and the most recent password.

Netgear's advice on the reset is not as accurate as we would like. You have to press the "button" for a bit longer thwn specified.

Re. Crapping out- the router/modem is my modem as well as router and is not in AP mode.
It regularly stops functioning ie no internet access although the lights on the router don’t give any indication of a fault. I have read and attempted fixes with no success and I believe I am on the latest firmware 1.0.0.82_1.01.

You haven't said what fixes you attempted, so it is anyone' guess as to what is happening.

Is this wired connections of wifi devices? Several "dead" devices or just one?

Have you examined the logs for any sign of problems?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7