Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 not connecting to internet to be used as router only

JessG
Aspirant

D7000v2 not connecting to internet to be used as router only

Purchased the new netgear d7000v2 yesterday and plugged it in last night. I have scoured the manual on line using my mobile internet because with everything correct there is still just a solid amber light where it should be white for internet connection.
I can't use the genie because it won't connect. The connections are all working as it had a working router on it.

We have fixed wireless nbn.

Is this a netgear problem, an isp problem or nbn problem?
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JessG
Aspirant

Re: D7000v2 not connecting to internet to be used as router only

I don't know what happened, I rang netgear support and found that I probably needed to contact my isp for some more details. I was on the line waiting with them when it just happened to change to white and work...? Oh well I'm not touching it again now. Thanks though problem solved.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
kimett506
Aspirant

in the advanced setup of the wan, do have the respond to ping checked, if not try this and then initialize the setup wizard for the Internet. if you want to bypass the modem, it worked for me and then u can configure the lan as the dhcp
Message 2 of 4
JessG
Aspirant

I don't know what happened, I rang netgear support and found that I probably needed to contact my isp for some more details. I was on the line waiting with them when it just happened to change to white and work...? Oh well I'm not touching it again now. Thanks though problem solved.
Message 3 of 4

@JessG wrote:
I was on the line waiting with them when it just happened to change to white and work...?

Telepathy. Everyone here was willing you on.

Maybe it was just a time thing. A modem/router can take time to get its act together and connect to the Internet.

I find that it is even slower when using my D6400 modem/router in modem-only mode.

I guess it is because it takes longer to negotiate all the connections.

Nice to know that you got this working on NBN.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7